• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Selling my 17P Rev-4, or trade for a 15P

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

channel_surfer

Reaction score
Hey,

Don't get me wrong I love this prop, however after filling the gas tank this weekend and taking a fishing trip with the family this morning, the 17P rev 4 is holding my rpm's down a little lower than I like.

With a full load (150 gallons gas, six adults and a kid, tackle boxes, cooler, etc) my WOT was 5200 today. I run this heavy fairly frequently. I have decided I would rather have the 15P, which should put my loaded RPM up near 5600 and my light load RPM closer to 5800-6000.

I've posted an ad on Craigslist here:

http://southjersey.craigslist.org/boa/720064820.html

I will sell outright ($400 firm with hub kit included) or will trade for a similar condition (like new) 15P rev 4.

Should work well on a 2520 with a 250HP, or a 2320 with a 200HP or 225HP. Or other combos that run well with a 19P 3 blade.

Thanks!!

I have a 15p 4 blade Powertech Stainless Steel (not polished) if you want to consider a "trial" swap. I like the Powertech a lot but I have a 23 dvsc with 225 efi and the optimun rpm cruise with this prop is 4400. The most fuel effiecient cruise for the engine is 4100 so I switched back to the 17p Yam 3 blade. Let me know...

How does the powertech compare to the rev 4 with regard to lift, design, etc? I was really impressed with the better efficiency I got with the rev 4. If the powertech is similar I would consider giving it a shot.

Wot for the 4 blade is about 5300 and 3 blade is about 5100. Keep in mind this is a 2 stroke EFI and is different than a 4 stroke. I never ran the Rev 4 so I have no idea what the differences are between the PowerTech. I do know the time to plane for the 2320 with the 4 blade is about 4 seconds as opposed to 8 to 10 seconds for the 3 blade. The 4 blade is also much better in rough weather.

There are a lot of variables to consider that’s why I suggested a “trial” swap. Maybe you should wait for a couple of weeks to see if someone else will buy your prop or have a Rev 4 15p. I’m in no hurry since the 3 blade is adequate for my needs.

Back