Selling One Parker, Buying Another

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hakr

Reaction score
Good morning.
I'm selling my 2003 Parker 2520XL and buying a 2100 CC.
I have other boats, and I wanted something lighter and easier to trailer and launch than the nearly four-ton 25 footer (yep...four tons with fuel, gear, et cetera.

The 21' seems ideal for fishing in Chesapeake Bay, nearshore Atlantic (Virginia Beach area) and suchlike. I'm going with a 150 hp Yamaha four stroke this time. Very few options on the boat.

Suggestions for electronics and other gear?

Thanks!

BTW, my 2520XL is listed here in the for sale section.

Congratulations!

The 21DVCC is one of my favorites. Does it have livewell and leaning post? Electronics cabinet?

I would go straight to Custom Marine Fabrication in NewBern NC for a polished stainess steel (or aluminum) T-Top w/fiberglass hardtop and radio box, rocket launchers and pfd storage. A Furuno GP-35 serves me fine along with a 600L which Furuno has replaced with a digital model. Don't cheap out on antenna, Shakespere 5225XT. Airmar tilted element transducer works great on DV's and gets wires and parts off transom.

For custom built tackle drawer unit (locking drawers, no need for cover), contact www.finaddictmarine.com. Not cheap, very good work.

You sure the 150 is enough? It's the minium rec. HP. You need more HP with a DV than your previous mod V. Three or four people, full fuel, full livewell and ice coming in against tide and wind will be tough, IMO. Your new Parker might be smaller than your old one, but it's no lightweight. :wink:

FishFactory":7oi48h73 said:
Congratulations!

The 21DVCC is one of my favorites. Does it have livewell and leaning post? Electronics cabinet?

I would go straight to Custom Marine Fabrication in NewBern NC for a polished stainess steel (or aluminum) T-Top w/fiberglass hardtop and radio box, rocket launchers and pfd storage. A Furuno GP-35 serves me fine along with a 600L which Furuno has replaced with a digital model. Don't cheap out on antenna, Shakespere 5225XT. Airmar tilted element transducer works great on DV's and gets wires and parts off transom.

For custom built tackle drawer unit (locking drawers, no need for cover), contact www.finaddictmarine.com. Not cheap, very good work.

You sure the 150 is enough? It's the minium rec. HP. You need more HP with a DV than your previous mod V. Three or four people, full fuel, full livewell and ice coming in against tide and wind will be tough, IMO. Your new Parker might be smaller than your old one, but it's no lightweight. :wink:

No leaning post. Had a boat with one. Didn't like it. Neither did my wife. No tee-top, either. Not enough shade when you need it.

Yes, it has a livewell and an electronics cabinet. Are talking about a "tilter" Airmar through hull transducer?

I called Parker about the 150, and the factory faxed me a performance sheet. The boat breaks 40 mph at WOT with a pretty heavy load. I usually run at 25 to 30 mph on Chesapeake Bay, so I think the engine will be sufficient. Usually, there are just two of us aboard, and I keep the tank half full.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

I have a friend with the 2100CC with a 150 yammie and he wishes he had more, especially on those choppy Chesapeake days when you cant quite plane out and are pushing.

I have a friend with a new 21 DVCC that has the F200 and is very happy with it. Plenty of power for inshore and near shore Atlantic S FL fishing.

jim

I have a new 21 DVCC w/ 150F. Great boat. Not fast, but fast enough for me.
The ride is very smooth in varied seas.

WOT- 38 mph. tach at 5700.
This has been fairly consistent.

"Walleye Pete" (Four Seasons Guide Service) is a guide here on the Chesapeake Bay and I believe he has an F-200 on his 21CC. Have booked him twice. Really gets up and goes when it is time to run to/from the fishing grounds.

Dave

If my family stops boating with me as the kids activities pick up, I too may end up with a 21 Parker. However, I think I would go with the SE due to wanting a level deck all the way to the bow and shallower deadrise for chumming, drift fishing and light tackle jigging. I rarely run far to fish. It almost seems silly to always be on a 25'er when it is just my son an I 90% of the time. I would think that I may be able to trailer to other locations than the upper bay if I had a smaller boat too. It may give me incentive to go after the fall flounder and weakfish off the coast if I had a 21'er sitting on a tailer. Of course I would have to custom order one with the large console and without power so I could outfit it with a 175 zuke or Opti :p

As far as gear, I would want a T-top and console eisenglass "wings" for protection when running. A live well would be on the list too. I would really have to think about a leaning post vs seats being that I dont run far and seats may be nice for sitting when, trolling, chumming and drift fishing.

I look forward to seeing if you are happy in the long run. My biggest fear is giving up the weather protection for the late fall CBBT trips..

blued":3qknffhv said:
I have a new 21 DVCC w/ 150F. Great boat. Not fast, but fast enough for me.
The ride is very smooth in varied seas.

WOT- 38 mph. tach at 5700.
This has been fairly consistent.

38 mph is faster than I run, especially with gasoline at $3+ a gallon. Even with cheaper gas, I see no reason to run an outboard at more than 4,000-4,500 rpm.

Per Robin Parker in an e-mail that I received on May 15 of this year, the "large sportfishing console is only available on the 23-ft. and 25-ft. boats. It is NOT available on the 21 SE.

Stretch":qwo9ijno said:
Per Robin Parker in an e-mail that I received on May 15 of this year, the "large sportfishing console is only available on the 23-ft. and 25-ft. boats. It is NOT available on the 21 SE.

The large sportfishing console is used on the 2100CC deep vee, though.

Latest posts

Back