Setting Fuel Tank Capacity-Yamaha Command Link

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foggylink

Reaction score
Hello, I have the new square Yamaha Command Link Gauges. I have the square Tach and the Speed / Fuel Combo displays. For the life of me, I cannot get to the menu for setting the fuel tank capacity. I may be confusing the plain "fuel" display for the "speed / fuel" display instructions. Can anyone chime in and possibly help out. I'll call the dealer this week to make sure they set it correctly, but I also want to be able to do it myself.

Thanks in advance ! :?

I hear you. That is a tricky one. i watched that damn video about 50 times before I figiured it out.

On the Speed/fuel combo display, you CANNOT select or set tank capacity. That function is only available if you have the non-combo guage (dedicated Fuel display only).

I felt cheated at first, then after thinking about it, I wouldn't trust the tank capacity reading anyway. When I add fuel, I write it down the gallons in my log. Then when starting out from the ramp on the combo display I reset to zero the fuel used(i think it is TTL or something like that). It is extremely accurate. Then when I get back at the ramp I substract the amount used off the display from the amount added before the trip.

You can run the tank down until the last fuel bar flashes and then start a fuel log and then you will have a fairly accurate running total of what is left in the tank.

jim

Thanks Jim,

I just topped it off before my last adventure, so I'll start the log next time out. That makes great sense compared to trusting the gauge. It's also comforting to know I am not going insane, and talking to myself is normal when trying to figure these types of thing out. :shock:

If it makes you feel better, someone's asking exactly the same question (how to set tank capacity) @ Fla Sportsman. :?:

I got an email from my dealer. He states the combo display shows the total gallons used. As I type this I'm thinking about the programers that design this stuff. It provides all this info, but no total fuel remaining.

Brilliant 8)

Back