sexy new slider cabin door

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottywotty

Reaction score
I went to the Fred Hall Show in Long Beach CA. last night, and our local Parker dealer was there w/ four new Parkers! but I found myself spending all my time on the 2520xl The dealer built and unstalled a new starboard(matching color too!)sliding door on the cabin in place of the standard Parker plastic door. Very, Very Sexy! a real space saver too! he said they will make them for people who want to convert for a modest price of $2,500 ouch! very nice, and very expensive.

Scotty

That was a great looking door!
I took pictures, but can't get them out of my phone.....

Did you notice they also put oversized trim tabs, a SeaSuspension seat post, and how about the the nifty custom made floor carpet?

You guys are killing me :shock:
Need Pics :(
:roll:

Sully":1uayinuz said:
You guys are killing me :shock:
Need Pics :(
:roll:

+1 !

Sounds like that dealer has been reading our Project area posts.
Good for him! 8)

TunaJoe":2s9hx8i4 said:
Did you notice they also put oversized trim tabs, a SeaSuspension seat post, and how about the the nifty custom made floor carpet?

Smart man....Good Choice.... :wink:

Dayam - $2500????

Shoot man .... I will be happy to makie you a sliding door for half that price. Here's the last one made from a Harken track and a pair of cars (I think each one is rated to hold 750 lbs).

Attachments

• Cockpit 3.JPG
    Cockpit 3.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 580
I talked with Kevin also about the door. Although he did a great job on it I don't get why he went to all that trouble for the door. The door is the last thing I would change on the boat. The front windows, the side windows, and the cabin hatch all leak at times.

I guess I don't have any room to talk, I'd bet most people don't know why I go to all the trouble for the things I change, so I'll just shut up now.

I do like the fact that he seems like a really good guy, heck how can you go wrong with a name like "Kevin Kelly". Also it sounds like this is just a start and he will probably be looking for more things he can help Parker owners with. So go Kevin. I do wish the dealship was a little closer to me.

Funny, when I talked to the guy at the show, he quoted me $3900 to change out to a sliding door..... could update a lot of electronics with that kind of cash. I liked the idea but the door felt very flimsy until it was fully closed. I did like the suspension seat and that cool snap in carpet kit. Think I'll make a pattern and see if I can find someone to make up a custom shape for me.

I was working the San Diego Rod and Reel club booth at the Fred Hall Del Mar show yesterday and took a little time to go and talk to Kevin about possibly doing the sliding door upgrade on my 2530. The number he threw around was $2,800.00. It is a pretty cool design, but I'm not sure I'm ready to shell out that kind of cash for a door upgrade. Kevin is a super cool guy though. I look forward to working with him for any of my Parker needs.

I agree re: Kevin is a cool guy. Spoke to him again at Del Mar.... price seems to be somewhat flexible but still a little too rich for me. I have a lot of projects I'd rather do first, but look forward to dealing with Kevin in the future.

I'd love to post the pictures I took at the show of the Parkers and the modifications the dealer made but can't seem to get them off my "smartphone".

Anyone want to pm me their cell number and I can send them from my phone to yours for posting?

Back