Shark Fishing 10/04/13

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtk2120

Reaction score
Caught a 325lb Thresher on Friday with a friend out of Montauk. Great fight, great little boat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 491
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 491
Yeah Dale, my boats a 2120 SC. Great little ride. First Thresher caught on it my third season with it. I landed a 125lb Mako 2 weeks ago too.

"Pocket battleship" I call the 2120s ... if I could sell my 2520 without losing $$$$, I'd but a decent used one in a heart beat!

Nice pelagic by the way!

Thanks Bryan, I remember. Give a shout if you head back that way.

It took 1.5 hrs to get a dart into the fish. Seen him come out of the water after setting the hook so we knew what we had. Started the boat right away and did big circles around the fish as threshers like to stay deep and go under the boat. As the fight went on the circles got smaller and smaller. We didn't see the fish again until an hour later but he wasn't ready yet, another 30 mins with the boat in gear we had a shot and got him. It was a handful for 2 guys but a fight I will never forget. As far as being cozy in the back of the boat, it was! It was getting late and we were 30 miles out so when we dropped him on the deck he started flopping around it sounded like someone was hitting the deck with a sledge hammer. I remember me and my friend running into the cabin and closing the door and I was yelling "please don't bite anything!" The only thing he did do was give me a nice little chip and scratch in the gelcoat on the outside corner where we took him.

I carry a come along on board my boat. Hooked it up to a cleat on opposite side of the boat, wrapped the strap around his tail and cranked him in. Took 5 minutes.

Nothing fancy, penn international 50w with a star 6' stand up rod spooled with 80lb momoi diamond and a 12ft 220lb single strand malin leader to a gamagatsu big game tuna hook. Small hook but extra strong, and a mackerel bait.

Awesome catch. Thanks for posting. If we only had a thread on what is the biggest fish caught on your 2120! You beat me out by a long shot!

Steve

Back