Shelf or storage space in pilot house

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parker1817

Reaction score
I have a 2013 2820 XLD and as we all know the pilot house is pretty bare for storage/shelf space. Does anyone know of any companies that fabricate something for the pilot house or has anyone done it themselves?

Thanks Killbox, I like those side organizers. A company mentioned doing the same with a netting material. That company is also talking about doing a T Bag on the ceiling made with the same material. I thought that netting might be better than a solid material over my head. Jnicholasjr do you have any pictures of your shelves?

I built these ones several years ago. They work well to the phone, wallet, CDs, knife, flashlights....

Attachments

• 2320 shelf.jpg
    2320 shelf.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,010
Couple of things I've done to organize in the cabin...

I kept having log books and other 'stuff' falling to the floor when the seas bumped up.
Made up a piece of teak to fix that.

The organizer on the stbd side is duplicated on the port side, and contains all kinds of stuff.

Attachments

• Cabin1.jpg
    Cabin1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 851
  • Cabin2.jpg
    Cabin2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 851
  • Cabin3.jpg
    Cabin3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 852
The side organizers are very nice. Two things: What size screws can you use so that they do not come out the other side?
Also, any organization solutions for your fishing rods when not in use? I lay mine on the forward port cushion. It is messy and they get tangled. I bought a little rack to mount on the ceiling in the forward berth that I saw another member mount but have not hung up as I do not know if I can use a deep enough screw to prevent the rack from falling - but also not puncturing the deck. Thanks

350bake":1p425coz said:
The side organizers are very nice. Two things: What size screws can you use so that they do not come out the other side?

The panel(s) they are attached to are cosmetic to hide the wiring looms going aft.
You can through-bolt to them as there is plenty of access behind.

Mine is through bolted. in my cabin there is a 4"piece of glassed wood that it is attached to.
It is not secured to the hull.

That is very nice. Adding this to the list of projects this year. Thanks to you both.
The piece of teak on the dash is very nice too - that single piece must have been pricey but the neat look and staying with the classy teak only makes it that much nicer. I am constantly clearing that space to prevent items from coming off such as water, soda cans etc whenever hit or hitting a wake etc. Thanks again, Larry

Back