Shoot Through Transducer for 23SE Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FishPimp

Reaction score
Has anybody moved their batteries from the port and starboard lazarettes and tucked them under their center console after their boat has left the factory?
If so what was the procedure that worked without having to violate the decks?
I am wanting to drop a Airmar M260 into one of those battery lazarettes as well as maybe pick up a little bit of storage. And offset some of weight from the 225 Yamaha.
Am I thinking correctly by doing this?

Survey says.........?

Thanks

I own a 23SE, and have two group 31 AGMs in the console. My battery switch is there as well. My dealer installed the batteries there on this boat just after delivery - but I did the same set up on my old 1801. Straightforward, no issues of violating the deck - and well worth it, IMO, if nothing else merely to keep the batteries as dry as possible.

I am considering installing an M260 this offseason, and have been struggling with the (lack of) real estate issue in the bilge. I never even considered putting it in the jump seat area (thanks for the idea) - let me know if that works for you. Good luck.

Paul

Hey Paul,
I got the idea from another 23SE guy who had it wired before boat left factory. Stoked it can be done after delivery. Yes! How much room was left in the console with two batteries? Did you build a shelf above for storage? I am going to use a splitter to the transome for water temp and speed that way I can have all the info and not really give up much and gain a ton.
I will keep you posted on the progress and results of the shoot through.
nice to see after 90 plus views I got a response.
Thanks man.
Rock On!
FP

Pimp... I'm glad to see you found another user who had relocated their batteries!
It is a common practice with CC owners of many brands, but I just didn't know of anyone here who had done that modification.

Remember... Project photos tell an even better story! :wink:

I am seriously thinking of moving the batterries in my 23 DV CC to the console this spring. I can't think of any good reason not to, and I would like to take 100 or so pounds out of the ass end of the boat. Anything I should look out for?

Thinking of mounting the batterry switch behind the sliding plexi door that also covers the power panel rather than inside the console. Any thoughts why that may not be a great idea?

Dave:

the only thing (off the top of my head) is that you probably should consider increasing the guage of the wire running from your engine/alt, to your batteries and switch at there new position in the console. Obviously, I have no idea what your current set up looks like - but substantial wire guage is desireable (the length of the run from the engine to the console is quite an increase over the engine/bilge connection).

As to putting the swith behind the sliding doors, not a problem provided it is dry there (frankly, that is why I have my switch in the console too. It is the dryest place on my boat). On my old 1801, I left the switch in the jumpseat when I moved the batteries to the console. It got wet a few times back there and caused problems (green corrosion on the terminals, discharged batteries, and the general nonsense I was trying to avoid when moving the batteries in the first place). I actually think there may be waterproof/resistant battery switched available, but I have never owned one.

Good luck with the project.

PDP,

Good tip on the wire gauge. Thanks!

Got about a month befor the cover comes off anyway. Too much good skiing left to do! Just thinking ahead.

Back