Shore Power / battery charger project

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludicrous40

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking to add a shore power connection and integrated battery charger. I haven't done much research yet. Here is my configuration/situation:

My 2520XL is powered with the E-Tec 300.
I currently have a starting battery and a deep cycle battery. E-Tec requires the starting battery. I have the BEP cluster switch that I installed prior to the E-Tec repower. Works great, and I've found that my starting battery is more than sufficiently charged, but I'm not properly recharging the deep cycle with this configuration. When I'm tuna fishing I beat the crap out of the deep cycle.

I'm considering adding another deep cycle, and a simple battery switch so that I can switch between them, but I think the correct path forward also includes a shore power connection and integrated charger whose primary role is to charge the deep cycle(s). I'm also expecting that I would connect a portable generator to the shore power connection in the future.

Any suggestions, guidance, and things to avoid would be greatly appreciated. Schematics would be great.

Thanks in advance

Rob

I did a project post some time back where I documented the install of a Guest charger/maintainer on my boat.
It was some time ago so the photos may no longer be there, but the text is.

I also documented the install of new Lifeline AGM batteries in my boat which shows the Guest connection(s).
Those photos may still be here.

Use the search tool and look in the Projects area under my username and you should find several references to my charger.

my boat has shore power and the project i believe is well documented. try doing a search under 96TL, he was the owner that did the project!!

Sounds to me like You just don't have enough house battery.

What do you have?

A pair of Gp27 DC paralleled together may be in your future.

Here are a couple of photos of my setup.
It is a Guest 2-bank charger connected to a pair of Lifeline AGM's.

Attachments

• 01 guest.jpg
    01 guest.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 208
  • 02 guest.jpg
    02 guest.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 208
  • 03 guest.jpg
    03 guest.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 208
  • 04 guest.jpg
    04 guest.jpg