Show me your splash plates

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about those homemade starboard jobs people use to close off a notched transom or a something for your kicker?

Closing off notched transom is the idea. Chesapeake Bay can get snotty with waves coming at all angles. Water in cockpit is frowned upon. Also keeps momma calm that the three Dachshunds we have wont commit suicide by jumping over the notch.

Did you ever make one CaptBeach? I just got a 97 2520 and am thinking of making one as well.

about 10 years ago there was a guy parker told me about who made them - brown towles

[email protected] (may be way dated)

he made me a very high quality removable splash guard delivered fir less than i could buy the parts for.

IMG_2135.jpeg
sorry - not the best pic - but you can see how it was made with take apart hinges because it (and was cut to) fit over the bilge access…. works amazing.

59157360993__5391850A-ED59-486F-BED7-FBA0DCF9BA49.jpeg
maybe this is a better pic. you can see the latches that held it up/attached to the battery boxes etc…

The Classic Mako guys are the kings of DIY splash plates, as those old deep V Makos had very deep and wide transom notches. Check out the Classic Mako site for some great pics and ideas.

Back