Shrink wrapping a pilothouse

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigbri

Reaction score
Hello
Just wondering if I should bother wrapping my
2520 for winter storage. I live in the northeast
We get maybe 4' -6' snow per year.
How many of you shrink wrap your pilot house?
Seems like a waste of time and money but I'd like
To hear other reasons why to
Thanks.

Hey Bigbri,

The reason I cover my 2520 is not to keep snow off the roof, but to keep the cockpit dry during those nasty prolonged freeze/thaw cycles we get here in the Northeast. You know, all through late Jan Feb and March, when that odd foot of snow partially melts down, with an inch of slush on the bottom that freezes into a solid puck overnight, then thaws again, then freezes. :shock: :shock:

I don't want any of that action on top of my plastic pie plates or bilge hatch, or scupper tubes, or any of the nooks and crannies of my cockpit. I cover with a re-usable tarp over a simple wood ridge-pole frame. A couple hours each winter to set up and take down. Low cost, "breathable" and reusable.

If you search for "winter cover" you'll get the ClassicParker knowledgebase of various winter cover styles and techniques.

Good luck.

John

When I had a 2120 I didn’t cover it. I live in the NE. I did however put a slanted piece of plywood from the rocket launchers to the stern seating area. Kept snow buildup out of the cockpit.

I been shrink wrapping/covering my Parkers every winter as stated above I don't want the freeze/thaw cycle. Last season I had a Fisher cover made and it was well made and was a pleasure to unzip the door and get in there to do projects as spring got close.

Latest posts

Back