Shurflo Bait Sentry

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claymar

Reaction score
Just put a Shurflo Bait Sentry 800 GPH on my 2120 to feed a 30 gal bait tank.

Works great but has decible levels approaching that of a 747. Anyone using one of these with a similar problem? How about a mounting method other than directly to the sea cock, maybe a soft pipe arrangement? Did not find anything negative or mention of noise in my homework.

Claymar":3hntdkzp said:
Just put a Shurflo Bait Sentry 800 GPH on my 2120 to feed a 30 gal bait tank.

Works great but has decible levels approaching that of a 747. Anyone using one of these with a similar problem? How about a mounting method other than directly to the sea cock, maybe a soft pipe arrangement? Did not find anything negative or mention of noise in my homework.

Mine died and it was replaced under warranty. The new one is LOUD!!! Much louder than the other one.

jim

I have one, and I think it's pretty loud too. Great pump though (so far). It can get really annoying, especially fishing at night when its quiet.

Dom

Dom

Do you have yours monted directly to the seacock? I'm wondering if I get it a little more remote from the hull if it'll quiet it down. Had it out last night until about midnight and our ears were buzzing by the time we got home.

RC

I have mine mounted directly to the seacock.

You said your ears were buzzing when you got home? My pump is loud, but not that loud. What size is your thru-hull? Are there any restrictions on the intake? It could be a defective pump.

What state are you from? If you were in NY I would let you come check mine out to compare.

Dom

I'm from So. Cal. You have boats in NY? In following the weather channal I would think you folks should be more into snowmobiles.

Mine is directly to the seacock, we probably have the same configuration. I ran it out of the boat this morning and it runs very quiet unmounted. I have 3/4" lines to the bait tank. I also have raw water washdown through the bait pump which goes to a Shurflow which is exceptionaly quiet, one of the reasons I went to the same brand bait pump.

Jim, what boat is yours mounted in?

Claymar":3tq8rcvw said:
I'm from So. Cal. You have boats in NY? In following the weather channal I would think you folks should be more into snowmobiles.

Mine is directly to the seacock, we probably have the same configuration. I ran it out of the boat this morning and it runs very quiet unmounted. I have 3/4" lines to the bait tank. I also have raw water washdown through the bait pump which goes to a Shurflow which is exceptionaly quiet, one of the reasons I went to the same brand bait pump.

If it runs quiet unmounted, then the noise must be from the pump vibrating off the seacock. I can't see anyway around that besides mounting it somewhere else. What if you put some extra teflon tape on the threads to pad it a little bit?

Try a hose adapter to seacock discharge to hose to hose adapter to pump, hose adapter off pump to hose...blah, blah, etc.

This would isolate the pump

OK, probably beat this to death. Time to act. I like the isolate the pump idea. Its fairly apparant that the whole stern bilge area is acting like a big fiberglass sounding board.

Thanks for all the input.

Claymar":1c95jnn8 said:

Well..... not a parker. I'm hoping to get one this summer, possibly late june. If I do get one it will be the 2820XLD with 2 x 250 yamaha 4 strokes. I currently have an Angler 2500CC with a 225. It's in my front yard now getting the gelcoat restored. Everyone keep your boats waxed! Or it will bite you badly.... mine sits on a lift uncovered.... $650 to bring it back to 95% restored. Will be selling it in June.

My pump is directly attached to the seacock as well. I really don't use the live well much as I spearfish. I'll let the next guy worry abut the noise level :wink:

take care,

Jim

My pump is directly attached to the sea cock as well. I use the live well All the time I mounted the pump under the gunnels next to the battery box. I used a Jabsco water puppy pump and there is very little noise And I let it run all the time .I have a Parker 2520 SC DV with a new F250 I can't find anything else for toys to put on my boat.

You can start buying toys for my boat. Or helping to install all the toys I just bought.
Take your pick!

Back