Sighting of f350 on 2520 DV hull

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grouperjim

Reaction score
Went over to the new Parker dealer in St. Pete and saw the boat that will be in the upcoming boat show. Alan says it swings a 16x17 wheel and top end is 48/6000 rpm. Cruise mpg is 2.0 mpg. He will give me the exact numbers this weekend and I will post in the Parkerhull/prop database.

The bracket has been beefed up and extended aft a few inches to keep the engine cowling from hitting the transom when tilted in full up position. The controls are fly-by-wire. Pics from boat show to follow.

jim

I'll be at that boat show Saturday. If you are going to be there, let me buy you an alcoholic beverage :lol: !

grouperjim":2tqjkajj said:
Cruise mpg is 2.0 mpg.
Whaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh?? That ain't nothing special -the current Suzukis will beat that. Are you sure this wasn't the F350 on the 28??

2520. Don't shoot the messenger. I'll get all the numbers and pics this weekend. Probably be going on Sunday Scoops but I'll take a rain check.

jim

Right on. Ill catch up with you eventually. I am going to take you up on your Armstrong ladder storage bracket holder offer.

Also, taking the boat out of the water on Friday to do the transducer and will run WOT to see what numbers I get there.

One of these sets should do the trick. Let me know and they are yours.

Attachments

• IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 389
DaleH":3gbetpvs said:
grouperjim":3gbetpvs said:
Cruise mpg is 2.0 mpg.
Whaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh?? That ain't nothing special -the current Suzukis will beat that. Are you sure this wasn't the F350 on the 28??

Dale:

2.0 mpg for a F350/2520 deep V is not too far off the mark. Yamaha perf bulliten shows twin f150s giving only 2.28 mpg.

jim

DaleH":2eny25gp said:
grouperjim":2eny25gp said:
Cruise mpg is 2.0 mpg.

Maybe we could get a Suzuki Performance Bulletin off a Carolina Skiff or SeaFox (2 of the boat companies Suzuki has chose to "pair" with). :lol:

Sorry Yamaha put your OMC boys out of business. No matter how long you grind your Yummie/Yamadog axe, OMC woon't be back. :cry:

B-Faithful":36jeu3ga said:
Real AMERICAN muscle (and refinement) can be found here:

http://www.boattest.com/flash_video_pla ... walkaround

Granted it is from talking to several merc guys but they strongly feel that the 300 Verado will offer better overall performance/ecomomy with their much lighter 300 Verado.

Don't waste your time, boys...It's a Mercury commercial. :roll:

quote from Merc salesman "We didn't want to reduce the Merc reliability" Do What??? How do you reduce below "0" ? :lol:

Don't want to get into the fray between Fish and B, but I have to comment on an experience I had this weekend at the boat ramp.

I motored to the ramp next to a new boat with twin 200 ETECs. As I was winching on by Parker, the ETECs were powering the other boat onto the trailer. Next thing I look down and the ETECs had left a heavy film of oil on the surface of the water and on my boat. What's up with that? B-faithful, when I commented about this in a previous post, you said that the ETEC retained all the oil and did not deposit any in the water. Those things (ETECs) are nasty.

jim

Actually I dont know much about the etecs other than second hand info. I know the Opti has return lines for unburned oil and I was told the etec had the same and was even leaner on oil. i cannot confirm though. My Opti burns very clean. The only puff of smoke I get is when I first throttle up after trolling or being at idle for quite a while. Maybe I am lazy and I only put ~150 hours a year but for me it is easier to dump a gal of Opti oil into a jug every once in a blue moon than it is to change oil as I currently wet slip the boat. If I had to change my own oil, I would make a mess. I dont even do it in my cars. (that is what jiffy lube type places are for)

As for the Opti it is noisy and shakes like an old 2 stroke. (it is just more efficient without sacarficing the power). Sometimes I wish I sprung for the 250 Verado but the $4k additional wasnt worth it to me considering that I just look as my boat as a tool to get on the water.

My beef with Yam is all fun with fishfactory... I would have no problem owning one. I just dont like when an independent boat manufacturer tells you what kind of motor you will have with their boat just to line their pockets more. To me, they should just charge more for their boats if they want to make more and let the buyer decide how to power them. I think Parker is a perfect example as the Yam line has a lot of holes in it that other manufacturers fill. (ie 175 zuke and Opti for the 21'ers and a reliable 300hp like the zuke and verado for the 23' and 25'ers) Dont get me wrong, I have the same beef with brunswick owned boats too. However, at least they are owned by the same company so you can understand it more.

Any special requests while I'm at the boat show this weekend?

I'll take some pics of the toe rail on the 23 for Uncle Matt.

Anyone else?

jim

grouperjim":2qtgcdzd said:
Any special requests while I'm at the boat show this weekend?

Some details of that 'modified' bracket would be nice.
... and anything else that looks like it's new or improved. :)

Pics of 2520 DV at Tampa boat show today.

Also met the beautiful, intelligent, and very nice Robin Parker. She indicates that the F350 will give about the same performance numbers as the twin F150s. Cruise around 2.0 mpg.

Robin also noted that the upcoming 34 will be powered by twin F350s.

No 2320s at the show. All boats looked clean/sharp.

jim

Attachments

• IMG_1003.jpg
    IMG_1003.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1005.jpg
    IMG_1005.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1006.jpg
    IMG_1006.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1007.jpg