Sighting of f350 on 2520 DV hull

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grouperjim":3no426ce said:
... the F350 will give about the same performance numbers as the twin F150s. Cruise around 2.0 mpg.

PPP ... 'piss poor performance' if you ask me. I bet $$ that Suzi's 250hp & 300hp beat that by far @ cruise ,,, and what maybe 1-2 mph slower for the 250hp?

Note I never mentioned OMC or E-Tec (which by the way is deemed less polluting that youse guys with 4-strokes who don't responsibly dispose of your oil ;) , called secondary pollution in the trade).

Alright, step away from the Koolaid. How about those tabs (other than 12x12).

My used boat oil goes back to Discount Auto to be recycled. Two stroke oil goes into the air and mostly into the water. In 10 years you won't see a new two stroke sold anymore. It is a myth that the ETEC is as clean as a four stroke. I've seen with my own eyes. It's all BS. That f------- two stroke oil goes right into the water. Damn, I'm out of Koolaid.

FWIW I do like the size profile of the F300 Suzuki compared to F350 Yamaha. Although two soup cans shy, the Zuke is much narrower and shorter and almost the same HP.

jim

Jim:
What PH and W/A models were displayed at the show?
LCT

Two small Partker CCs and the 2520 DV. Alan has a 2320 w/f250 on his lot but it did NOT make the show.

Unrelated to the show, but if anyone is interested in a 2007 2320 w/f250 and all the bells and whistles, let me know. Maybe 65 hrs on engine. A friend of mine might be going back to a CC as the PH does not seem to be his cup of tea.

jim

Too bad the boating public doesn't realise the "great value" of Suzuki/e-tecs. They just don't know what the're missing. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

FishFactory":3l13mts7 said:
Too bad the boating public doesn't realise the "great value" of Suzuki/e-tecs. They just don't know what the're missing. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I've seen one etec on the back of a boat so far this season on chesapeake bay, and it was on the back of a cop boat. The Suzukis might be good engines, but I am unimpressed with the dealerships of theirs I have seen.

My dad was an Evinrude dealer for 25 years. I used to be a fan of the line, but that was then and this is now. Two boats ago, I had a nice Merc Opti that gave me no trouble. Then I switched to Yamaha four strokes, and now I have my second boat with a Yamaha four stroke.

If the performance of the F350 was comparable to twin F150 I'd be a bit disappointed. I would expect more top end, 50 HP is 50 HP and one less lower unit normally translates into less drag, the engine weight(s) are just about the same. I would expect significantly more top end, or a lower , MORE economical cruise RPM. However ....

Whats somewhat odd about the F250 is that the fuel burn (in MPG) pretty much remains the same over a wide range of RPMS. Thus, when you push it pretty hard, you don't get penalized like a two stroke . WOT with my F250 still gets a respectable 1.8 MPG.

I've spoken ad nauseum about the F250, the F250 has all the balls, or more, of ANY Yami 250 ever built.

I also fish on a 2520 with twin F150's. Economy wise, the F250 and F150(s) are nearly identical. MPG is about 2.0 - 2.4 depending on load, etc. The twins run about 5 MPH faster, WOT and do stay on plane better under load and with a sea running.

These are real world numbers, on fully equiped boats.

grouperjim":yavblihg said:
It is a myth that the ETEC is as clean as a four stroke.

Right ... an E-Tec is cleaner ... and BTW, an E-Tec will NOT be my next motor. You are forgetting the environmental concerns you can't see and that is what makes them worse than an E-Tec. A Yummie 4-stroke CANNOT, meanig - it does not and willnot and never will - meet the tough EU emission standards for 2008 without a catalytic converter installed on their outboards. An E-Tec meets and EXCEEDS them now.

Say what you will, you saw what you saw, but sorry ... facts are facts.

Getting back to the point, IMHO 2mpg for a freakin 350hp motor on the back of a Parker 25' deep-V is still piss poor performance in my opinion. I respect your choice to believe otherwise.

Dale - 2MPG is considered very good gas milage, for a gas engine.
The 2520DV is a bear to push, but I'm a little suprised / confused at Robbin's statement.

Im my mind, the F250 is pretty close to twin F150's in performance (same economy, not as fast), which you would expect. I guess the F350 is pretty close too, but in the favorable position (more speed, but same economy). Herein lies the paradox.

I'm still waiting to hear some real numbers from 1) Suzuki 250 on a 2520DVSC 2) Suzuki 300 on a 2520DVSC and 3) F350 on a 2520DVSC.

There was a post for a Zuke 250 or 300 on a 25 MV and the numbers were very poor. My guess is that the boat wasn't propped right, however.

I "hear" that the Zuke's are a bit more efficient but would like to see the real numbers.

DaleH":1seu32xm said:
Getting back to the point, IMHO 2mpg for a freakin 350hp motor on the back of a Parker 25' deep-V is still piss poor performance in my opinion. I respect your choice to believe otherwise.

Dale:

Not to be arguementative (sp?) but I have never personally endorsed the F350 as I am not that familiar with it yet nor have I been out on the water with it yet. I have just merely passed on information about a new product that may interest other CP members. May be a great engine, maybe not.

Caveat emptor. It is my opinion that with any new mechanical product, only time will tell as to how good it really is. I don't own a 25DV so I can't and have not said whether that is good mpg or not. Again, I have just passed on the info.

Earlier I said the boat at the show swings a SWS 16x17 wheel, when in fact it is a 16.25x17. Top end about 48 mph/6000.

BTW what does EU stand for; European Union? If so, who gives a hoot about their standards.

P/E:

You are right on about the F250. I too can't say enough good things about this engine. You can really romp on that motor without being penalized too badly mpg wise.

jim

DaleH":zfjd5p2h said:
Getting back to the point, IMHO 2mpg for a freakin 350hp motor on the back of a Parker 25' deep-V is still piss poor performance in my opinion.

Yep, piss poor performance, that's what Yamaha is known for. :?
You forgot to mention the unreliable Yamaha guages and the carbon steel shafts Yamaha used 20 years ago. :roll: You got any info on the Suzuki partnered SeaFox boats? :lol:

Keep on grindin' that axe.

grouperjim":2y7zguab said:
How about those tabs (other than 12x12).

I was just revisiting your photos and noticed that.
Not sure how I missed it the first time... 12x16's?
Was that 12" wide with a 16" chord?

I would sure like to take that F350 out for a spin and see how she runs. :)

Back