Single vs. Twin Outboard question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycler

Reaction score
I was hoping some of you could help me understand this...on a deep V hull, I am told Parker recommends twins, yet on the same boat, with a mod V hull, a single works. Specifically the 2510 model. Is there really any performance difference between using 2 x 150s or a single 300hp motor? Discounting the handling improvements twins would offer, and NOT taking into account the difference in fuel burn between the two setups, would the single 300 be adequate for a deep V 2510? Or say, the 2501/2500 se ?

300hp is adequate depending on how its loaded.. I have a mod v with a 225hp. My understanding is that deep v needs more HP. 2x150 would be the min HP for a deep v and max for the mod v.. If you're going to have 300hp, single would be better then the 2x150's. Less weight for the a$$ heavy boat. .. Parker recommends twins if you're going 200's or 225's... I'm a believer of a larger single with a kicker rather then small twins.. Unless you're going 500hp..

A higher deadrise boat needs more horspower because it's harder to push thru the water.

You can expect better MPG with a large single.....2 motors have more weight AND more drag in the water......It's more the drag that is the offender than anything.

Back