Skinny on Parker logo rod holders?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaleH

FOUNDER of Classic Parker Forum
Reaction score
Re: http://www.classicparker.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=409

I guess some with the Parker logo were $50 each. Local dealer says $75 each. Are these the 'same' holder? Could it be the more expensive ones are the Smith brand ones, made better? And the less expensive ones, with logo, were still cast ones, but from another source?

Or, maybe I should ask it this way ... anyone have a known/recent price on Parker logo rod holders?

Like I recently mentioned Dale, last fall I bought the last two my dealer had on his shelf and I believe I paid somewhere between $25-$30 for each. They were stamped Parker and the deal was so good that I drove the 75 miles each direction just to pick them up.

The rod holders on my '96 model don't have any logo on them.
Does anyone know when the logo items were first used?

My '02 has the Parker stamped rod holders. I also bought two more from a dealer (shorts marine) that matched. I think I paid around $25 each but that was in '03.

I purchased a few from Tri-State Marine In Deal last fall for $35.00 each. They have the Parker Logo but come in a box marked Smith. They are identical to the ones Boaters World carries for $54.99 each. Boaters World calls them the standard 70 series made by and logo by Smith. What a deal!! Parker logo and less money than Smith branded. SWEEEET! I am adding 6 more this year and will take pictures of the placement for reference. You can never have too many rod holders. :wink:

maxout":3emoio6g said:
I am adding 6 more this year and will take pictures of the placement for reference. You can never have too many rod holders. :wink:

I will look forward to that project report! 8)

A couple years ago I got them from a Parker dealer on Cape Cod for only $25/each. I believe my local CT Parker dealer charged me $35/each.

Quick question - close enough that I didn't want to start a new thread -

I'm going to install 2 flush mount rod holders in the bow - What is the preferred tool/tools for cutting the large, angled hole in the gunnel?

I'm sure this is a "right tool for the job" scenario, so what do I need to know?

(did a search but didn't find an answer to "what tool" to use here)

TIA for your replies.

sunburst

Shortly after I took delivery of my 21SE (late '06), I noticed rust spots on one of my holders (see image). The others are still perfect to this day. Parker will ship me a new one, but it is different from this style...still stamped, but more of an oval shape to it. I can't find the shape that's in the photo. The factory doesn't have them, and neither do the Parker dealers that I've checked in South FL. Does anyone have any ideas, or know of a dealer up north that may have any in stock?

BTW Dale, I installed two up near the bow when I got the boat, and they were $54 a piece at the time (late '06) from the dealer in Marathon, FL. Of course, now I can't find another one like them!

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 784

Latest posts

Back