SL XL what's the difference

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarracuda

Reaction score
I feel like there's going to be an easy answer but I can't see it.

What is the differences between SL and XL models.
I've seen SL and XL with brackets in the Parker catalog so that must not be it. The cabin seems to be a couple inches larger in the XL models but there must be more. Larger tank on XL unless you go with the SLD.
XL's seem like they can handle more HP.
Ok so many little things. Is there some larger obvious things?

I just checked the brochure and it looks like the 2520, assuming this is the one you are talking about, XL has the two captain chairs w/two bench seats behind them. The SL has the single captain chair and a longer bench on the port side. Also, from the picture, the separation wall between the forward v-berth area and the pilothouse is different too. The SL just has a partial curtain but the XL has a sliding door

Man, I either need to buy the boat or get a new brochure because my current brochure is really worn down. :D

OT

ah ha. I knew someone would have quick answer. I kept on thinking it was something about the hull or some big external difference.
Thanks for the answer.

For 25 ' models SL is a notched transom. XL is a full transom with bracket (thus higher HP). These hulls are mod V. These letters followed by a "D" means deep V (21 degree).

jim

Back