sliding rear cabin door?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark

Reaction score
I am considering looking at what it would take to replace the swinging rear cabin door with a slider. I am pretty sure this is something that could be done without to much hassle. Anybody ever done anything like this or is this idea to far out there? thanks for your input or ideas.
By the way I have a 2530

We have had several members who have modified the rear of their cabins, to include modifying the door, but as OTL says... I don't believe anyone has done a slider yet.

Take a look in the Projects area to see the other modifications, and maybe you'll get an idea or two.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide! :wink:

does anyone have a 2830 they could post a few photos of their door and how things are put together. thanks

A call to the factory might get some detail drawings... :wink:

HMS thanks for the info. I was trying to figure out how to look up past posts by subject but I had no luck.
Thanks to you megabyte but I wouldnt know where to start in trying to find factory info. The Seattle boat show is in a couple of weeks and I will try to round up some info there also. I just think having a slider would open up a little more room and be a little more secure.
Thanks again for your help
Mark

Mark, in addition to what you have stated, try sending an e-mail to Eric Denton, [email protected]. He is one of their engineers, and, very helpful and knowledgable. He might be able to help you with this type of project.

Mark, A phone call to Eric might be a good idea as well.
252-728-5621 is the factory number.
Everyone there is very nice and easy to talk to.

I looked at a few boats at the show this weekend and found out all that I looked at with the rear sliding doors got them throgh Diamond Sea Glaze.It looked like it would be a pretty simple project to install one of these as the whole frame mounts on the exterior of the bulkhead.I looked on their website and it looks like the whole door/framework comes in one piece. They are very sturdy and really look very well built. I am going to make a call to eric at parker and see if the bulkhead height and width dimensions are the same on the 2530 as they are on a 2830. I will post what I find out

Back