smooth move

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parkerman

Reaction score
So I am bringing the boat from PA to Delaware to cover it and store it for the winter. About a two hour drive. We leave on a Friday night at 9:00. About half way down I blow a tire. I have no spare but it is a tandem axle so I decide that I am going to keep going. After getting pulled over twice I end up leaving the boat on a side road about 5 miles from the final destination. Some how I lost- and I mean lost a second tire from the other side- hub and all. On top of that a leaf spring bracket broke and will need to be welded. The company who came to pick up the boat and trailer on a low boy flat bed offered to fix me up with either two completely new axles with springs, wheels and tires OR just repair what I have and give me four new tires- one new wheel. I have been looking at the tires on that trailer for three years knowing I had to replace them.

Lesson learned. For all those who trailer make sure you put a few bucks into the trailer and not the boat...... When all is said and done here I will have four new tires, a spare, a jack and the correct wrenches to change a tire. Merry Christmas to me. :oops: :oops:

Thanks for the story.

I try to keep my trailer in top notch condition, and I don't even use it that much.

My tires were 4 years old, had maybe 50 miles on them and I just replaced all of them because they had side wall dry rot and I wasn't taking any chances.

i store my boat on it in the winter which saves me a few bucks but at the end of the day it migh actually be costing me more and creating more headaches.

That's boats!

Capt Brian

Not sure if you use SEATOW,I do and they have a program,I think its called trailer care for an extra $12 /YEAR they provide towing,assistance,etc. It piece of mind and dosent mean you shouldnt keep up the maintence on your trailer.

Dont do it !!!

In 2008 the last year of my 26' striper i used to trailer it to Montauk every weekend.....so i added the seatow trailer insurance thinking i would be fine.....WRONG one morning i was heading out in the late fall it was cold n raining i had a double blow out but only one spare....So i call seatow they tell me its too early in the morning and there is no coverage in the Montauk area .

They further tell mr that there is a guy in South Hampton but ill have to pay a travel fee of $80 to have him come out to Montauk!!!!

So i put on the one spare limped into Town (Broke down 5 miles b4 mainstreet/strip) and get the local gas station...he ordered me a tire while i went out n fished put it on and it cost me $110 well worth it it would of cost me $110 plus the 80$....
So unless its changed i'd check on the availability of coverage AAA has awesome as well as RV club of america !!!

Latest posts

Back