Soda Blaster Information and/or Recommendations

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rangerdog

Reaction score
I am fixing to buy my soda blaster. I am looking at two right now but wanted to see if anyone has or has a recommendation for a small, portable other than these two:

BUSTER BLASTER MODEL 25:

BB-25b.jpg

Eastwood Soda Blaster

p33555.jpg

What compressor are you going to use for this blasting? That's the expensive part of the operation, because you need a tremendous amount of dry air for the blasters to be effective. I do a bit of sandblasting, and its the same thing. I use a rented 70CFM compressor to run my blasting equipment.

As for the soda blaster, it all depends on how much you are going to do. The larger the tank, the more media it can hold, and the less frequently you have to stop, depressurize the tank, and refill. Go as big as you can afford/store. Whatever you do, get a spring-loaded deadman valve. I've seen what a runaway blasting nozzle can do, both to people and equipment.

:edit: After some reading, I've discovered something. Read this thread:
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/soda-bl ... 28088.html
You ought to buy a good sandblasting rig, and convert it over for Soda. You can't pressurize the tank with soda, so they sell a conversion kit that will make a traditional sandblaster into a sodablaster.

Eastwood has a great reputation with those with more money than brains. Their prices are incredibly out of control, often for identical products that are available for a lot less. I'd avoid giving them a cent.

Example: Safety Wire Pliers.
Eastwood: $30, on sale for $20 http://www.eastwoodco.com/jump.jsp?item ... pe=PRODUCT
HF: $10 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=45341

They are identical. I know because I bought one from Eastwood for use on one of our boats, and when it got here, it was the same darn thing I had from HF. Eastwood claimed it was a better unit. It was the exact same thing. I sent it back to Eastwood.

Eastwood doesn't MAKE anything, they just resell other people's stuff. I'm sure you can find the exact same blaster for sale through someone else for a lot less. Eastwood has a name, and a lot of Body Coddington-esque fools buy from them.

Don't know anything about the Buster, but I do know that Eastwood has an excellent reputation in the automotive world.

Yes I am finding out that upgrading my compressor to a 10+ with a dryer is going to be a bit more costly than I had figured. Still working on this plan, though.

I work part time at the local Harbor freight. We carry a blaster that looks exactly like the picture shown above of the Eastwood. I had one a couple of years ago and was very pleased with the performance I got from it.
We carry a couple of different sizes. I am sure it is priced alot more reasonable than the eastwood is. I used it with a 2-stage compressor and it only used around 12 to 14 cfm at the pressure it needed to work properly. I never ran out of air however long I used it for. It might even take less cfm than that but for sure you need a 2-stage comp.

The problem with Harbor Freight is if you give them your address you get mail every day for the next ten years

nhr3":20mdunre said:
The problem with Harbor Freight is if you give them your address you get mail every day for the next ten years
Then don't... give... them your address.
Heck, I don't mind the catalogs, gives me something to read for free while in the head. :)

Latest posts

Back