• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Parker Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold: Life Raft, Revere Offshore Ocean, 6 Person Valise

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primo

Reaction score
For Sale: Revere Offshore Ocean Life Raft,
Price: $1,700.00
6 Person, Valise
Original Manufacture Date: 7/2004
Purchase Date: 1/11/2005
Advertised weight and dimentions: 75 lbs. and approximately 30.5" x 14.5" x 17.75" (this is manufacturer info, never weighed or measured myself)

History of services available upon request.
Last inspected, serviced, and repacked on 12/2012 by Marine Safety Corporation in Wall, NJ.
Certification Date: 12/17/2012
Next Service Date: 12/17/2015

The Offshore Ocean rafts have features that coastal rafts don't have. It has double buoyancy tubes for protection against accidental puncture and provides additional freeboard. The inflatable arch tube with furlable canopy and an inflatable double-floor provides protection from inclement weather and hypothermia. Retro-reflective tape and a light on the canopy increases visibility for night vision rescues. For enhanced stability the Offshore Ocean contains four oversized ballast pockets one at each corner. For enhanced stability the Offshore Ocean contains four oversized weighted ballast pockets, one at each corner. For boarding ease, the ladder is weighted.

This is a great portable life raft and is small enough to maneuver and bring on the boat when doing offshore trips. The valise also allows you to bring it on other boats or store off the boat when not needed.

Contact me with any questions.

Attachments

• 48124[1].jpg
    48124[1].jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 375
  • 48122[1].jpg
    48122[1].jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 375
  • 48120[1].jpg
    48120[1].jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 375
That is a good deal on that raft.

How do you get a 3 year certification ? I have a "seasava" in a canister and the service sticker expires every year.

Good luck with your sale.

Thanks Harpoon. The raft sold pretty quickly. It's my understanding that depending on the type of raft and manufacturer, there are different inspection and certification periods. For mine, for the raft to stay under warranty, it needed to be inspected every year. In addition to the inspection, every three years, the raft needed to be repacked and certified by a manufacturer approved vendor. With this certification, not only is the raft inspected, but a full service is performed. The service and certification includes the deploying of the raft, inspecting the whole raft including a pressure test, cleaning it, replacing items that expire such as water, batteries, flares, servicing the cylinder with CO2 and N2, etc. Then it's repacked. With canisters, there is usually a hydrostatic release that also needs to be inspected. That may be why yours needs to be inspected annually.
Better vendors give an itemized list and certification (attached). I have used Marine Safety Corporation in Wall, NJ for the past two certifications. They are a well respected company. They provide great service and provide detailed documentation of the services performed. They will also schedule an appointment with you so that you can watch them deploy the raft. In the past, I made the mistake of using one of the special deals from West Marine. Never again! Although inexpensive, the repacking of my raft was terrible. And I never received any information regarding the certificate nor what was replaced or serviced.

Attachments

• Certification.jpg
    Certification.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 221
Back