Sore Shoulders

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Themis

Reaction score
Yesterday, I cleaned my boat, and waxed her with that nice Collinite stuff. WoodyWaxed the metal stuff too. I also charged my batteries, and got the lines out; she is ready to be dropped in! I am jonesing for sure. The guys dropping her in the water will put on new zincs and bottom paint her. I think that's all I need to do, right?

The only hitch in my plan was that the Home Depot Husky battery charger I bought was unoperational right out of the box. I went to a Home Depot on the shore and got a refund; I didnt exchange it because they wouldn't let me try out another one before I bought. I had to go and overpay at everyone's favorite boating store to get one that I knew worked (they tested it with me before I bought).

My arms are a hurtin', but it feels good.

Sweet! 8)

The only thing I don't like about "first splash" is the fact that it takes me about 4 trips in the Jeep to get all of my gear back aboard.
Lugging all of my stuff out of the basement gets old in a hurry! :D

ParkerSal":o3z6bqek said:
I think that's all I need to do, right?

Don't forget the plug! :shock:

I've reminded you, you will remind a dozen others, and six more people will tell me the same thing again before splash. :lol:

All this and -still- someone we know will get distracted and forget. 8)

You walk over to the boat with the plug in your hand, you set it down on the gunnel,,,, and someone comes over to talk with you, or the phone rings and you forget all about the plug. Later on, you think, "Did I put the plug in?", and all you remember is walking towards the boat with the plug in your hand, so you figure..."it's done" :oops: :oops:

Sal - I am glad to hear you are ready to splash. That means you have time to lend a helping hand to others in need :lol:

For my brethren.... I am there. Serious. Try me. I am still kind of in awe at the generosity here. With everything. Knowledge... Charity... you name it. My wife is very impressed, She actually was so impressed with the camraderie of the boating community, that she said that I could move up to a bigger boat if.when I want. Unfortunately I just don't want to!

ParkerSal, if you do nothing else this spring, have your wife talk to some others.

Mine says no boat change 'til she gets a bigger house.

Dana

That's so typical of Home Depot. That very same charger is back on the shelf right now waiting for the next guy to buy it I am sure.

Hey Sal, you know where I am! My boat needs quite a bit of your kind of TLC before I'm ready to put her in. Just let me know when you're done so I can come down and load my stuff to splash her.

funny....
my chick doesnt even know I bought a new boat.
kinda waiting to hear hear the old "It's either me or you and your fishing boats"
actually looking forward to it.

Back