Southern Californian Owner Intro

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dbrantley2320

Reaction score
Hi Fellow Parker Owners, I was referred to this site a couple of months ago by my neighbor Jeff Williams (Peregrine). I was pleased to learn that some of the guys who used to communicate on the old Parker bulletin board had developed and/or use this site. I bought my 2005 2320 back in December of 2004, right before the removal of the Parker board. Everyone on the old board was so helpful with answering all of my questions about these great boats before I made my purchase. I really appreciate all of the helpful advice I received from many of you. Armed with all that I had learned, I placed my order at Johnson Marine in Ontario for an open back 2320 with full transom, west coast bow rail, and fish box powered by a single Yamaha F225. Johnson installed a belly loop tower, and a 45-gallon Offshore bait tank. As far as electronics, I went with a full array of Raymarine components, including C80 multi-function display, ST6001 autopilot and Ray54 VHF. We most often fish the local islands (Catalina and San Clemente) for white sea bass and yellowtail. When the water warms during the summer months, we fish offshore banks, highspots and kelp paddies for dorado, yellowtail, and yellowfin tuna. I also use the boat as a scuba diving platform when the fishing is slow. This boat has been a solid performer over the last three years without any major issues. I think the only thing I would change if I had to do it all over is the engine. I would go with the F250 instead of the F225, which wasn't on the market until after I placed my order. I understand the F250 has a couple of slight advantages over the 225 that make it more fuel efficient, and the additional 25 horses couldn't hurt.
Thanks again to anyone who may have offered me advice back in 2004 on the Parker bulletin board.
Regards,
-David Brantley
2005 Parker 2320 - "Tunatango"

Dave:

Welcome aboard to ClassicParker !

There's many of us here from the 'old ' boards ... that spirit and comraderie is indeed why I took the plunge and started CP!

Hi Dave,
I am in Orange Co. CA. Seems the So Cal Classic Parker people are growing, which is great!
I agree with you about the helpfullness of this site. I have given challenge to the "No such thing as a dumb question" rule. Allways rec'd great feedback and learned a lot.
Dave

Back