Southern Parker Owners

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan 2530

Reaction score
Hows the weather down there????

Got a little taste of the frozen north?? :D :D :D

I heard snow flurries for Daytona today??? :shock:

34 this morning in St. Pete. I did find my one and only jacket. Kind of felt weird wearing so much clothing. Windy as heck.

jim

Weather in SE North Carolina was a sunny balmy 21 degrees at 7:30 this AM. We had a little Global Warming blow through.
I put on a light windbreaker over the t-shirt. Supposed to be 70 degrees by Monday though.

Going to be between 18 and 24 on the lower Chesapeake, but back to the 60's by Monday. :D Ocean Season for rockfish is now in full swing, but the winds have been wicked.

Thanks for the present from up north. When you have a sport cabin, the temp is not a big deal, but those 8 foot seas off Cape Henry are keeping me on the sofa. Spring is coming....

:shock: Had icicles on the tips of my palm trees this morning!!!

That's ok. Once these seas & wind die down, the fishing is going to be AWESOME! - Heading out the Grounds any day now...Let me know if any of you St. Pete/Tampa/Clw boys wanna go.

yeah.. MIA was cold too...

The baby was up all night to boot.. She couldn't sleep in the 70 degree apartment - Turned on the heater and it started blowing smoke out.. so I had to turn it off. I don't think I've ever turned it on in the 8 years i've owned this apartment...

I wish i new more about fishing.. i would love to go out saturday. I heard it will be 75 with a high of 80!

Cheers..

Dale...you need to add one more rule to the board:

Southerners are prohibited from teasing us Northerners about winterization, hard-stands, shrink-wrapping, and hard water. :( :( :(

Dave

aka

They can do that, I just think the rule should be every southern Parker owner should take one of us frozen bouys out of the freezer and bring us fishing during the cold months. That should make up for all the snide comments through the layup season. :D :D

It will be like rehab for us when we get withdrawl about this time of year. :)

Last two nights hard freeze, two days from now back to 75. Thats Alabama weather. Doctors love it. Boat is in the water out back, have the ProCat to keep me warm.

Bryan A.":8l2ik1bh said:
They can do that, I just think the rule should be every southern Parker owner should take one of us frozen bouys out of the freezer and bring us fishing during the cold months. That should make up for all the snide comments through the layup season. :D :D

It will be like rehab for us when we get withdrawl about this time of year. :)

I'll second that motion! :D

Bryan A. said:
Got a little taste of the frozen north?? :D :D :D
Yeah, we got a little 2 day cold snap down here.

Prompted me to go winterize my boat as well. Get it ready for the next season (That would be tomorrow).

Anyway, not quite as elaborate as you boys prepare up north, but it works for the elements we have to deal with down here.

If anyone needs some how to pictures of this project, just let me know.

:p :p :p :p

Attachments

• 12222007 003 (Small).jpg
    12222007 003 (Small).jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 978
Scoops - sorry to tell you but that is a poor excuse for a snow cover. It would never hold up to even a 2" snowfall. :D :D
I vote to go out on your boat, I'll bring my trolling stuff. :roll:

We're supposed to see 60 next week. :shock: :shock:
Break out the buffer and bottom paint. :D :D

I fished in my other boat -- a kayak -- this afternoon and had to break through skim ice and later ice sheets up to 1/4" thick. It is kind of fun to paddle in those conditions, but it completely shut down the fishing. The fish were not in the areas where the water was open.

Attachments

• Resize of jan5-08 018.jpg
    Resize of jan5-08 018.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 946
  • Resize of jan5-08 020.jpg
    Resize of jan5-08 020.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 946
  • Resize of jan5-08 021.jpg
    Resize of jan5-08 021.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 946
  • Resize of jan5-08 023.jpg
    Resize of jan5-08 023.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 946
  • Resize of jan5-08 024.jpg
    Resize of jan5-08 024.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 946
Bryan A.":2hgh0z3k said:
Scoops - sorry to tell you but that is a poor excuse for a snow cover. It would never hold up to even a 2" snowfall.

Snow :?: Uh....I'm protecting my boat against the....Sun.... 8) 8) 8)

Feel free to come on down anytime you want. There is enough of us down here to put you on some fish!

andertonm":2e5mvs1o said:
Thanks for the present from up north. When you have a sport cabin, the temp is not a big deal, but those 8 foot seas off Cape Henry are keeping me on the sofa. Spring is coming....

8 footers... thats almost greasy flat compared to what we are getting..

I thought you Parker Guys were Hard Core?? :lol:

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/PZ/176.html

Coastal Waters From Point Grenville To Cape Shoalwater 20 To
60 Nm-
Today
Se wind 15 to 25 kt becoming W. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. W swell 15 ft at 13 seconds. Showers.
TonightW wind 15 to 25 kt. Wind waves 2 to 4 ft. W swell 13 ft at 13 seconds. Chance of showers.
MonW wind 15 to 20 kt...becoming se to 20 to 30 kt in the afternoon. Wind waves 2 or 3 ft...building to 3 to 5 ft. W swell 13 ft at 13 seconds. Chance of rain in the morning...then rain in the afternoon.
Mon Night
S wind 30 to 40 kt. Combined seas 20 ft.
TueW wind 25 to 30 kt. Wind waves 4 or 5 ft. SW swell 15 ft.
Wed
W 10 to 20 kt becoming se 20 to 30 kt in the evening. Wind waves 1 to 3 ft building to 3 to 5 ft. W swell 16 ft...building to 18 ft in the afternoon.
ThuSe wind 20 to 30 kt...becoming W in the afternoon. Wind waves 3 to 5 ft. W swell 17 ft...subsiding to 13 ft in the afternoon.

Back