southwester boat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tinmantoo

Reaction score
is a southwester and old parker or is it an southeaster, saw a 20+ hull with southwester on hull looked like parker. the hull was being modified for com. crab boat, no other info. on boat. tinmantoo bel air md 2 parker guy

Sou`wester is the brand name originally used by Linwood Parker for his boats. I don't know what year the first Sou`wester was built, but the boats eventually became Parker Sou`wester's, and then eventually were branded Parker, as we see them today.

Here is a 1983 Sou`wester 25' that I photographed being rebuilt in a Reedville VA boatyard back in 2005.

Image-BA075EEAC5A111D9.jpg

Image-BA0782CAC5A111D9.jpg

Image-BA07CAC9C5A111D9.jpg

Image-BA07F935C5A111D9.jpg

Image-BA08417EC5A111D9.jpg

I've seen a number of different "Parker Sou`wester" logos over the years.
Here is one I found on a MD Department of Natural Resources boat.

Image-AAD1467AC73311DA.jpg

My 25 Sportcabin is an 89. It has Sou'wester logo on hull but the HID# begins with PXM (Parker). The occupancy/weight plate is labeled Parker Sou'wester.
I don't know if the hull logo decal is complete or if some got removed to put the name on the side.
I think this was the year of he changeover but don't know for sure....hope this helps.
If anyone can clarify would appreciate it.

Unfortunately I dont have a decent pic of the logo to post, I'll try to get one tomorrow evening.

THANK YOU ALL FOR THE REPLIES, THAT IS EXACTLY THE LOGO AND HULL THAT I SAW. IT IS GREAT TO FIND HELP SO FAST. I HAVE COPIED THAT INFO AND WILL GIVE TO BOAT OWNER. THANKS AGAIN TINMANTOO OWNER OF 2 PARKER 2310'S 91AND 2001 JUST SOLD 18CC

Back