Spring Cleaning Questions

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

school skipper

Reaction score
Looking for a few suggestions/tips with cleaning 2320 SC..
1) Treating forward bilge compartment by pouring cleaning product down the anchor drain hole?
2) Cleaning product for cleaning and controlling green algae that collects in the cockpit scupper drains?
3) Cleaning product for cleaning rear bilge/battery compartment?

school skipper":3pnrojsw said:
Looking for a few suggestions/tips with cleaning 2320 SC..
1) Treating forward bilge compartment by pouring cleaning product down the anchor drain hole?
2) Cleaning product for cleaning and controlling green algae that collects in the cockpit scupper drains?
3) Cleaning product for cleaning rear bilge/battery compartment?
read Mebabyte postings on cleaning

What year?

Our cabin has a forward bilge and big floor decks that are hinges. I use hot soapy water or Simple Green with a cup of bleach and pour. Allow mix to sit as long as possible to kill micro organisms. It is called contact time. No rinse.

Batteries use hot soapy or simple green water and rinse well and no bleach.

My batteries are raised above cockpit on aft port side.

Bilge I use hot soapy or simple green water. Maybe 5 or 10 gallons to clean out bilge pump and bilge.

Batteries. Are terminals protected with terminal boots and protective goop like grease or dielectric grease. Goop is ok when applied thinly or use a spray film product . Yamaha has one. I used purple grease recommended by Dale H

I don’t use bleach often bc spent 42 years in a medical lab and used it often enough to dislike the odor. M2cw Bleach works fine none the less.

Take time to remove deck pie plates and lube o rings. Either have spares or where to buy them.

I don’t pour anything in rode locker. It is hard to dry out and mildew grows. I haven’t clean the rode either. On the list to replace and learn to splice rode to chain. When replaced I will clean out locker and paint with epoxy paint. One day. Lol. During storage I Keep rode locker hatch open

On our boat during storage, the forward bilge does not drain well to rear bilge. We don’t drain it often bc after a good rain it will return. But some owners pump it out routinely. If I had better access to install a hose from hand pump. One day I will hake time and find a solution that is easy and none in less than five min.

Thanks for the feedback Brent!...
Anybody else with suggestions on how you clean that inaccessible forward bilge area beneath the pilot house floor drain hole? I have the 2006 2320.
Thanks!

Maybe not the specific question, but this year I used "barkeepers friend" on the gelcoat and it is the best product that I've used to date. It removed scumline, algae, gelcoat streaks, rust stains, etc.. Was so easy but leaves it completely unprotected. You have to wax afterwards.

Ludicrous40":13qtwe1h said:
Maybe not the specific question, but this year I used "barkeepers friend" on the gelcoat and it is the best product that I've used to date. It removed scumline, algae, gelcoat streaks, rust stains, etc.. Was so easy but leaves it completely unprotected. You have to wax afterwards.

I agree with you on the Barkeepers Friend. I took that strategy to the next step and also used Commercial Zep Floor wax on the whole boat. I did it last spring and it still looks pretty good. I will say that it makes the non skid a little lethal but now on year 2 it is better. It really seals the the gel coat and now everything washes off and the water beads up. The only part that I didn’t do was the rear deck but I did the cabin tops and walk arounds. The only negative that I’ve read is talk about it yellowing? So far so good. Here are a few pics from right after I finished last May. You literally just wipe it on with a microfiber and let it dry then go back over it again with about 4/5 coats.

Attachments

• F63B7203-6651-45E4-8566-AF6C99CDC558.jpeg
    F63B7203-6651-45E4-8566-AF6C99CDC558.jpeg
    129.7 KB · Views: 292
  • 55278F59-F6F8-49C1-A6C5-8FB3F8A13BBE.jpeg
    55278F59-F6F8-49C1-A6C5-8FB3F8A13BBE.jpeg
    112.6 KB · Views: 292
  • 5147E009-F936-44A9-8644-C7F56339E2BD.jpeg
    5147E009-F936-44A9-8644-C7F56339E2BD.jpeg
    98.5 KB · Views: 291
I dont know. If no hatch in the cabin deck floor, then could add one. If you remove the all of the rode, I would run a long piece of grass trimmer line and have another crew look for it in the aft bilge before pouring solution into it. good time to clean rode and dry it out

If clear, pour solution slowly. If on trailer, elevated the front as high as possible, wheels are blocked and motor up on kick stand

Latest posts

Back