Spring commissioning 2016 projects for the Megabyte

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, I guess with the slider system you can tie the boat down a lot tighter than with standard lines. Are there only sliders on those 2 pilings on your slip?

johnkn":1m1e7cce said:
Interesting, I guess with the slider system you can tie the boat down a lot tighter than with standard lines. Are there only sliders on those 2 pilings on your slip?

Yes. It does seem to allow you to tighten up your lines more so than what I'm accustomed to..
And yes, the sliders are only on the outside pilings of the slip.
The transom lines are fixed.

Here in Annapolis, I have a bulkhead slip in which I tie-up my 2520 XL with two lines. The marina has I-beams mounted on two pilings that correspond to my stern & midships cleats. Each I-beam has a car to which I tie the boat. As the tides rise & fall, the cars slide up & down on the I-beams. It's a pretty sweet system that minimizes wear & tear on the boat. Spring tides & flash floods are not a major concern for me.

Any chance you could get a couple pics next time you're there and post them? Sounds interesting. Thank you

Happy to do so, but my schedule is such that it might be a week or so before I have a chance to swing by & get the photos.

Lucky me - today's day-long commitment was cancelled, which allowed me to spend a little time at the boat. Here are a few pics of how I tie up with only two lines.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 64
  • Slide2.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Slide3.jpg
    Slide3.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 64
Interesting, thanks for taking the time to share.

Not much left to put in this thread as the boat is in the slip, and other than some detailing, she is ready for the season.

Since getting her in the slip I have visited several times a day and adjusted lines, and now on 3 occasions I've torn it all apart and done it over. :roll:
Still not totally happy (boat has to be moved back at least another foot and a half), but that will be maintenance for another day with sunscreen, bug spray, and a ponder beer. :)

Have a marina neighbor with a 2320 several slips down, and he took me for a burn today on his ride.
On the way back I was able to get some photos of my boat after the switch to the marinas mooring ring system.
So far, so good!

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1376.jpg
    IMG_1376.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1381.jpg
    IMG_1381.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1382.jpg