Sta-Bil

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimC2520

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's getting near that time....sad to say, since the striped one's are not too far from my marina, I'm not sure how much more gas I'll be pumping into her...Question is.....Do you think I could add some Sta-bil to the tank without pumping any gas into it to "swish" it around? The gauge still reads full, but I think I could squeeze 20+- gallons in there...not sure if I will though....I will surely get 3-4 more trips in before she is pulled...but I'm not sure how much more I'll burn.
Would you add some just in case I don't burn enough to add anymore fuel this year?
I usually top the gauge off before she is pulled and havent had any issues in 9 seasons...(topped off gauge usually would allow at least 10-15 more gallons) but I stop there for the winter storage and have been successful in the past...Opinions? :?:

FWIW, from Star*Tron's website:

Stabilizes Gas & Diesel Fuels
Gas and diesel fuels break down rapidly which results in lost power and poor performance. Star Tron stabilizes the fuel chemistry for up to one year in gas and two years in diesel.

See http://www.startron.com/

I think you should be all set ...

Now, do I add that running both Star*Tron an Ring-Free at the same time might just be a waste of $$? Remember, motors run on fuel, not on additives ... just my biased/opinionated belief that clearly wasn't asked for ;) !

I hear what you are saying Dale. Everytime I fuel up I spend $$ and time dumping these additives into the tank before hand....as I am doing this, I keep thinking what will they be recommending next year? Someday we'll be adding more additives than gas!

When I think of how much I have invested in my boat and motor, the price for fuel additives to keep her running strong is not a huge concern.

Anyone who saw my boat when I bought her knows that she suffered from a case of 'deferred maintenance'.
Cleaning her up and making her pretty again was the easier part... getting the motor right took a lot more effort (and 2 tows back to the dock).

A new O2 sensor, dis-assembly to remove salt and carbon deposits, t-stats, poppit valves, water pump assembly, low pressure fuel pumps, lower unit seals... getting her right took time, effort, and money.

Since getting the motor right, I've switched to 100% synthetic oil and I add Sta-Bil, Star*Tron, and Ringfree every time I refuel.

Too much? Maybe... but the motor has never run so well as she does right now and I'd like to keep her that way for as long as I can.

I don't burn huge amounts of fuel as my fishing grounds are relatively close to my slip, and I buy my additives in bulk, so keeping her clean and running smooth isn't painful. The way I see it... it's cheaper than a new motor. :wink:

Back