Standing Water

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobkat

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Parker 25SL with a 250 Yamaha 4 Stroke engine. I bought this boat used with about 10 hours on the engine back in June. The boat always collects water in the starboard stern of the cockpit. I thought it might be a weight distribution problem since the bulk of the cables etc are on that side. But I have done everything to add weight to the other side. I put all my gear on the port side both inside and outside of the cabin with no effect. If I stand on the port gunnel, I can get the water to move to center and then out through the transom. Is it possible that the deck is defective? If so , what can be done to correct it? Thanks for any input. By the way, I love this boat and waited a long time to be able to buy it.

Are the scuppers under water and therefore not allowing the boat to drain?

If so, then you have a weight or weight-distribution problem.

If not, and if you have the full transom, you can drill a limber hole in the very corner of the bulkhead in front of the scuppers. That would allow the water to run onto the deck behind the bulkhead and to the scupper channel.

Not sure exactly where your water is collecting but mine collects a little water in the battery box, but only at a level where the bilge pump can't suck it out. I get NO standing water on deck.

2006 2520sc

The water collects from rain or from whatever is left when I wash it down,not from outside of boat( ie. salt water). It is just always wet in that corner. I have the cut out transom not the closed cockpit. Even the bottom painted water line on that side is below water so I feel that the boat is listing to starboard. There are two other Parker boats at my club that do not have the problem. They are both 2520XL boats however and both have closed cockpits with the engine on a bracket. I have tried different engine posistions but to no avail. The batteries are placed one on each side so that weight is distributed evenly. I put a call into the factory. Has anyone else contacted them with this problem? Would love to know. Thanks for the responses by the way.

Bobkat, I also have the notched transom, mine has always had this problem from Day #1.
My oil resevoir is in that starboard battery box (along with one of the batteries), under the starboard gunnel are the wires/cables which run up to the helm and elec panel box, the helm itself, the captain's chair, etc, all on the starboard side....I think thats why it lists slightly to that side. That being said, my painted water line is still 2-3 inches from being under water even in that stern corner. I have tried to store most of my junk on the port side as much as I can and while it is still noticeable, it's no where near as bad as it was years ago.

Also, I tend to keep at least 2-3 gallons of oil on board and I store them on the port side in the cabin behind the companion seat. This kinda balances out the 2+- gallons of oil in that tank thats in the battery box. I also mounted 8 rodholders in the cabin which are also on the port side. My companion seat is also loaded with tackle which is also on the port side....I'm pretty satisfied now with what little list is left.

Thanks Tim. My engine is a 4 Stroke so no oil to use. The guys with the closed transom also have an outside station and as I mentioned, they don't have the problem. Besides the gear I stow on the port side, I'll have to find somewhere to add another 100 + pounds to even it out. But if you and others have the problem , I am hoping that the factory may have some answers. If I find anthing out, I'll pass it along!! In the meantime, I'm going to focus on the Fall bass run and enjoy the beautiful Indian summer we are having here on Long Island!

Bob

My 1996 2520 MVSC also favors the stbd side, so far as draining deck water.
I've never seen it as a problem.

Oh, believe me Captain, it doesn't stop me from loving my Parker! I just lke things to be ship shape. The constant wetness in that area tends to breed some mold etc . Nothing that a little elbow grease won't fix. Also, I will have to redo the waterline bottom paint line so that I don't get as much growth on the hull next season. I was curious to know if this was something shared by other Parker owners. The forums here are wonderful and I have gleaned so much valuable information from them and am very grateful for all the great postings. I will let all know if the factory engineers have anything to add. Thanks again.
BobKat

Bobkat,

Where on Long Island? I went to college in Southampton.
I still go up to Montauk twice a year for cod in the spring and again in late fall for striped bass and deep water wreck trips aboard the Capt. Mark.
I can sympathize with you on the mold in that corner because of the standing dampness but like you said, I still love her. :D

I keep my boat at Whaler's Cove Yacht Club in Cold Spring Harbor. I fish mostly in Cold Spring Harbor and Oyster Bay Harbor and the LI Sound East and West of there. Blackfish season has just opened but the Bluefish are still my main catch. Some Bass are starting to show up before their Fall run but the waters are still incredibly warm. We had air temps this week in the 80s! Going out this AM, but there is dense fog right now so I will wait for a few hours for it to lift a bit. Thanks for you posts and Tight Lines, Tim!

Bob

My 89 25 Sportcabin also collects water on the stbd side in front of the box, only gets 1/4 in or so deep at the worst and runs down to the scuppers as soon as i stand on the port side. Never worried about it, dont see any damage done other than dirt tends to collect with the little bit of water.
Funny but my 1801 did the same thing.

Latest posts

Back