Status of the (formerly) Sad Saga

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andertonm

Reaction score
After a beautiful day on the water with boat partner and one of the many grandkids, I think I can say the problem is behind us and we are bale to enjoy our 2320 as it was meant to be. It's powerful, fast and spacious.. Jaguar cars for years used the motto "grace, pace and space." Same applies to this boat. Our day on the water only produced one spadefish and a needlefish (a real speed demon!) but it was a great day and there is some bait left over so the two oldest grandkids and I are going out pre-sparrow tomorrow for another shot.

Funny thing is, the Yamaha rep never told me what fixed our boat, but oldest grandson works at West Marine and he talked to the rep, who told him it was the prop. As I said earlier, they gave us a SaltWater Series prop and it is amazing. I don't have the time or resources to play with props to find best performer, but the rep said he tried six different ones before ordering the one we went home with.

Now I can switch to the happy owner mode...

:lol: :lol:

Mark,
I am glad to hear that it worked out and all the toubles are in the past.

What is your take now on the ride compared to your old 2120?

best,
Dave

Glad to hear all is well.

I know exactly what you mean about not having time (or the patience) to pick out the right prop. And for it to take six attempts by an expert to get it right makes me feel a bit less qualified to pick the perfect prop for my 2520.

Enjoy the season.

Kirk

Verdict on the 2320 ride vs 2120 is that they are completely different boats. The 2320 seems considerably more substantial but much less nimble in tight situations. When you are doing tight maneuvering in wind, current you need to do some advance planning in the 2320. With bow pulpit and dive platform it is a lot more boat than the 2120. Expansive cockpit, but the cabin is relatively farther forward and can punish you in a short-period chop. Cutout transom on 2120 was often a nuisance and motor intruded on cockpit.

Back