Steering Hose

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulH / Emily S

Reaction score
Hi All - The Sea Star hose on my hydraulic steering is looking tired. Is their a premium hose I could use, possibly in a stainless jacket that would be a suitable replacement ??

Whenever I look at the hose near the transom, I see trouble merely a bluefish or shark bite away. Looking for the best ...

Any ideas, thanks !!

Aeroquip hose and fittings. You will prob. have to go to a specialty "hot rod" shop to get these. They can fabricate anything.

Actually, reread your post. You would be best served by stepping up to the plate and getting the Teleflex/Seastar KEVLAR lines. Spendy, but THE BEST-in terms of toughness and longevity. :oops:

Thanks Baha, I'll be looking into both.

Looking back, I think the SeaStar lines I have are original making them a remarkable 12 years old. The last 6 seasons have seen pretty heavy, year round service, with exposure to the elements.

Kevlar maybe, SS braid might be trick.

I'll report my progress, thanks .

You might want to try Moreland hose.
They used to be located in Hempstead on Peninsule Blvd.
They have the stock in house to make whatever you wish.
Tom

You might want to try Moreland hose.
They used to be located in Hempstead on Peninsule Blvd.
They have the stock in house to make whatever you wish.
Tom

Thnaks Hugs, I'll keep them in mind.

This project has no urgency so I'm dragging my feet a bit. plus I'm in the water and still fishing, weather permitting.....

Moreland hose in Sayville on Sunrise hwy can make you what you want and the owner is a huge boating fan.

Just my 2 cents.

Back