steering knob

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottywotty

Reaction score
I am looking for one of those speed knob, brody knobs, speed handle, thingys that I've seen on many boats. Anyone know where I can find a high quality one?

Scotty

Edson is about the best to add some jewerly to your wheel, shinny chrome about $85 at marine store as aprx

I picked up a low profile stainless steel knob last season at Bass Pro. I have it on my second steering station and it works great. It was much less than Edson and still looks as good as the day I put it on.

Not sure what your layout is, but if pertinent, keep this in mind: I switched out my Parker steering wheel for a wheel that had an integrated speed knob. (I switched out the entire wheel because I had clamped a speed knob onto a previous boat and didn't like the look or performance of it.) What I didn't realize until after the fact was... the new wheel had a slightly higher profile than the original Parker. No big deal, unless you have a console box with a flip out compartment door. UGH... I had to oh so carefully rotozip an arc in the lexan compartment door...then sand...to allow the door to open freely. Turned out okay, but was an unexpected hassle..and it still doesn't open if the knob is positioned anywhere from 10-2 o'clock.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

I bought one of these stainless knobs on eBay a while back for $15 for my previous boat and absolutely love it. Its made by Sea-Dog.. I couldn't imagine docking my boat without it. Due to the price I thought it wouldn't hold in place, or would rust, etc.. but it has been rock solid and looks brand new after about 10 years of hard use:

3169157C.jpg

-- Tom

I beg to differ ....not that i dont like edson but i had em and had to return them ....THey used ever excuse from u need to use grip tape to u need to scuff the metal or even better drill a hole..

the problem was I wantred a BIG knob that would not move if i gripped it in rough/pounding seas,,,,,,

SO here it is DUO BRO
http://www.shopatron.com/products/produ ... .0.0?pp=8&

TomS":25n3ri3x said:
I bought one of these stainless knobs on eBay a while back for $15 for my previous boat and absolutely love it. Its made by Sea-Dog.. I couldn't imagine docking my boat without it. Due to the price I thought it wouldn't hold in place, or would rust, etc.. but it has been rock solid and looks brand new after about 10 years of hard use:

3169157C.jpg

-- Tom

what a great buy!

thats great in the horizontal position try one vertical hold on to it while you hit a big wave then see if it hold its position !!! i tried em all see my old post had to return em !!! ........it might be great for docking but i got mits for hands need the bit knob and 4 bolts to be able to hold on to it ...

like i said many times b4 what ever works 4 you is good ... just my 2 cents

Thanks guys,

I have very large hands so I should probably get the Edison knob, Now to locate one for a reasonable price!

Scotty

I put one of the Sea Dog knobs on the outside station wheel and it works great when doing close quarters manuvering :D

Back