Stereo/Speaker installation location on a 1800

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pj_elia

Reaction score
Trying to figure out the best locations to mount a stereo and 4 speakers on my parker 1800. I figure I'll mount the stereo in the front box in the console but I am considering a flush mounted waterproof faceplate somewhere on the console. As for the speakers, my options that I thought of are below:
1. Console mounted on each side facing the gunnels
2. Console mounted facing the pilot near the feet
3. Gunnel mounted box speakers facing the deck
4. Flush mounted on either side of the anchor storage doors facing stern.

I'm figuring a combination of any 2 of these options. Anyone have any reccommendations or experience with these mounting options. Also, any other mounting ideas not mentioned. What have you guys done with your Center Console stereos?

Thanks,
PJ

PJ,

I havent done this yet, but my plan for my 1801 is to mount a marine amp inside the console and snake a wire out to the exterior to connect to an Ipod in a waterproof case.

As to speakers, I was goign to go the route of box speakers mounted under the gunwales. Placing them in the console requires a major cutting and it is not ideal to have the speakers so low and near your feet.

I also gave some thought to having them in the bow, flush mounted into the inner liner. This would require a much longer run of wire to power the speakers and would also be harder to hear them when running full out.

I have been taking out the powered speaker and Ipod for drift fishing and it works OK.

T-Bro

T-Bro

I thought about the straight IPod hookup but I actually like to listen to the radio on occasion. Maybe 4 gunnel mounted box speakers would be the best. Not sure yet.

Back