storage with seats,,,

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardog629

Reaction score
made some storage boxes with seats for my 2320,,made them out of plywood and glassed n gel coated them,,,,

Attachments

• SAM_6978.JPG
    SAM_6978.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 695
  • SAM_6979.JPG
    SAM_6979.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 695
  • SAM_6980.JPG
    SAM_6980.JPG
    313.6 KB · Views: 695
Thank you, it will be nice to have a place to sit and storage is lacking on these boats,,,working on cabin storage now,,,,

OOOO nice! did you mix the gelcoat color yourself? or did you get it from the guys in newport beach? did you spray it?
I'm in Vista also.

Thank you, yes i got it from Kevin at west coast parker, real good guy to work with,,,sprayed on,,i made the boxes and had a friend do the glass n gelcoat for me,, i glassed n gelled the lids,, its a lot of work but im real happy with it,,

Nice work !
If you are looking for more storage that deck hatch behind the ph door, lots of unused space below the shallow container. A skill saw or sawzall & and a new hatch can be installed there :wink:

Attachments

• hatch.JPG
    hatch.JPG
    5.3 KB · Views: 534
Thanks Ronnie,,i was wondering why it is so shallow, that would be great to make it deeper, wasnt able to open your photo of the hatch ,

beardog629":2g590ng8 said:
Thanks Ronnie,,i was wondering why it is so shallow, that would be great to make it deeper, wasnt able to open your photo of the hatch ,
You can also search old post (probably around 2005-07) and find pics of when I did that to mine. Sold the boat so can't take new pics.

Here try this.

Attachments

• live well hole.gif
    live well hole.gif
    39.2 KB · Views: 526
looks great,, how much deeper can you go till you hit stringers or something? and do you have foam in the way? thanks

You are looking at the bottom of the hull in Ronnie's pic. The pvc pipe you see is the limber hole connecting to the aft bilge.

No need to cut out the factory hatch to replace it with another hatch. Just cut out the shallow storage bin and you'll get about 5 times the storage space. You can also get more storage space by cutting out a hatch inside the cabin as shown in the following pic. No foam on either spaces.

Attachments

• img_0260.jpeg
    img_0260.jpeg
    196.5 KB · Views: 516
Thanks Phil,,i wonder why parker didnt make the space deeper if they had the room,,,i will put this mod on my list,, also the storage in the pilot house,,,,thanks again!

Phil is correct on the inside hatch.
I had the flushing toilet and thats where they put the tank so I couldn't open that space.
Keep in mind it is the bildge and if you want things dry down there put them in containers or bags.
I used to keep 2 of my gill nets down they in a big plastic totes, fenders and dock lines ect......
Also had a perforated rubber mat I cut to size sitting on the bottom of the hull.
That center area is pretty big !

Back