Strength of parker hulls

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-K

Supporting Member
Reaction score
While my 2320 have many desirable attributes for an offshore boat and a few things I would like to change (no boat is perfect). I can honestly say I’m most impressed with how strong and solid my boat feels. I have a couple friends with the competitors brand and they say the same thing. My buddy has even gone so far to state that my boat is much more solid feeling then his. Not brand bashing because there are things I like about his boat that my parker doesn’t have.

The strength come from the factory. The hull stays in the mold until the stringers are installed and full cure. The stringers are a grid box style. Marine grade plywood encapsulated in glass and bound to the hull.

Ive notice from online research that other builders remove the hull after a couple of days. Where at Parker the hull could stay in the mold for a week.

There has been some concern from the newer members about quality control from the parker factory. Most of these concerns I’ve heard are minor in nature. I get it your upset that the window is leaking, or maybe your hardware is aging prematurely.

But don’t give up on your boat just yet. Mine has treated me so good. I fish offshore in the NW. Our weather is rough. They train the coast guard here so they can experience big rough seas.

I always know my Parker will get me home. With oversized tabs, permatrim, and aggressive 4 blade prop, my boat is a tank. I take it 60+ miles offshore sometimes. And have come home in big following seas. It always gets me back to port.

Rant over. 😁

Back