Striper Fishing-Manasquan NJ

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

got_em_on

Reaction score
Have had some good trips live lining Bunker out of Manasquan NJ.

Yesterday we had my dad, my 8 year old son and my brother in law out. Left the Dock at 6:15AM. My son caught 2 by 7:30 and a third an hour or so later. He caught the only stripers on board! He was a little tired by the time we hit the dock at noon.

It was a little chilly when the wind picked up. The pilot house and heater were perfect!

Attachments

• Fishing and Dads B day Nov 2014 028 (Medium).jpg
    Fishing and Dads B day Nov 2014 028 (Medium).jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 290
  • Fishing and Dads B day Nov 2014 034 (Medium).jpg
    Fishing and Dads B day Nov 2014 034 (Medium).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 290
  • Fishing and Dads B day Nov 2014 031 (Medium).jpg
    Fishing and Dads B day Nov 2014 031 (Medium).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 290
Nice work!! It really has been a great fall with incredible waves of bunker passing MI and the bass seem to be on them pretty reliably!

Mike

Great job to your son (the best fishing partners)!
Still waiting for them to roll on down here in SJ. Hopefully this weekend...

Very nice, I'm sure that's a memory that will stay with him forever. What kind of heater do you use?

It's a dynaglo that I picked up at Home Depot and runs on small canister of propane

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 221
A propane heater in that tight a space doesn't create noxious fumes?

We have never noticed any fumes or smell at all. It also has an oxygen sensor. Aside from the temperature you would not even know it was on.

I have the same heater in my 2320 I wire tie it to the hand rail in cabin. Works great! It's safe will go out it it turn over or hit a wave. Used it last week when it was 20 deg. Out.

Back