Super Fishing Platform

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

striperon

Reaction score
Yesterday I launched in "Tom's River" (moderator TomS) at 4:30 AM and fished until 11:30 AM with a friend on my 1800. We caught stripers and bluefish (especially bluefish) until our arms and bodies were tired.

Early on we cast jigs to the stripers near the jetty. Then we concentrated on the blues. We were fishing "run and gun" much of the time. We would see bluefish activity on the surface and run to the edge of the school, cast into it with small poppers, and land some bruiser blues, fish from 30" to 40". We were using light tackle and had a ball. As my friend said, "the most fun you can have with your pants on." :D

We had the rods bent and line being stripped off on light conventional rods and Abu 5600 reels with 20# PowerPro.

My 1800 was so perfect for this style of fishing. It provided two of us with plenty of room to cast and land fish, and to re-rig when we were broken off (or bit off). It had plenty of speed and comfortable ride even in others' wakes. The great fishing was enhanced by the great boat. I am still smiling!:D

I picked up the boat name decal, and application kit, that TomS designed and his local sign shop cut for a good price. What a nice job! Now I must do a good job putting it on the boat. It is my third decal job and I'm nervous about it. I want to do a good job.

Ron :D

The Parker 18cc might be my favorite Parker. They sold me 2 more after my 18.

Back