Swim ladder question on 1801

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jersey Jim

Reaction score
I only have a month to select a ladder for my 1801. I've seen various Parkers with 2-rung fold-overs and 3-rung telescopics. The telescopic model appeals to me, although I will be spearfishing with minimal gear (free diving) most of the time. There may be an occasion where I'll be using SCUBA on this boat and a longer ladder will be easier on the knee-bends with gear. I realize it's not a T-style dive ladder but really didn't want anything that needed to be detached and stored. I'll just have to remove the fins prior to climbing up. I've seen the swim platform in the 2008 catalog, shown mounted on an 1801. The platform looked as if it were dragging in the water. My first question is, do any 1801 owners have an issue with the ladder dragging and spraying while on plane? The boat in the catalog did not look as if it were on plane yet. Is there any reason why I couldn't mount the platform a couple of inches higher? And lastly, who makes these ladders? I would like to see the Mfgrs. offerings. I will gladly accept all comments and recommendations from those who need/use these ladders.

Jim

My previous boat was an 04 1801 with the factory swim platform and the 3 rung telescope laddder. The platform and support bracket is completely out of the water at plane and there is no spray. At rest the platform is 4-6 inches above the water. I was completely satisfied with the setup.

Jersey Jim":3caws2bf said:
Thanks for the info about the ladder and performance. Do you have any pics of the stern of that boat, showing the mounting height?
Unfortunately I don't, have plenty of pics of that boat but none of the stern that show the ladder/platform.
I did put a similar platform on my current boat, it's made by garelick, I mounted it about 4 in above the waterline.
I'll be splashing later this week, see if I can get some in and out of the water pics for you.

Back