Switch Buttons....Lanyard

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evetsmd

Reaction score
Just got the boat in and an obvious project is to replace the start/stop button covers.....2005 2520xl 2nd station w/Yamaha 225

can someone who has done this give me some advice....do these button covers pop off or are they
threaded in place on the switch? Are they the Cole Hersee switches and covers that I have seen in my forum search.

Need to replace the kill switch lanyard as well....is that a Yamaha specific part?
Thanks for the help and advice.
Steve

Attachments

• untitled (6 of 10).jpg
    untitled (6 of 10).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 553
I got mine from the parker dealer. They are threaded when replacing put a little silicone on the threads. new ones last about 3 years without a console cover. Hope this helps.

" Bean "

Yep, they are Cole Hersee switches and covers. I may still have a couple from the last time I bought a bunch and sold them here. Want me to check?

Which is why I bought a bunch of the red ones, and matching black ones. Red is nice to have.

evetsmd":f9bhtcx8 said:
need to replace the start/stop button covers.....2005 2520xl 2nd station w/Yamaha 225

can someone who has done this give me some advice....do these button covers pop off or are they
threaded in place on the switch? Are they the Cole Hersee switches and covers that I have seen in my forum search.

went to remove and replace the button covers today only to find that the start switch was falling apart and needed to be replaced as well........

does anyone know - is the start and stop the same switch? They look like it! I thought I'd ask just to be sure.

Just a thought.....I've had my boat for 7 years and can't remember ever using these switches to start or stop the boat.......what does everyone think about just not replacing them at all? If I didn't have a second station I wouldn't have these switches to begin with......also do any of you use the lanyard and the emergency cutoff switch on the 2nd station......again I have never used it in 7 years...

now I'm thinking to get rid of everything......it's just another failure mechanism that someday could keep the boat from starting....start and stop the boat from the cabin, just like I always do!

What do you guys think???

Thanks

Steve

sparky":19tf2okk said:
Yep, they are Cole Hersee switches and covers. I may still have a couple from the last time I bought a bunch and sold them here. Want me to check?
Please check. I need one red & one black for my 2nd station.

Dave

evetsmd":3qti6koh said:
Just a thought.....I've had my boat for 7 years and can't remember ever using these switches to start or stop the boat.......what does everyone think about just not replacing them at all? If I didn't have a second station I wouldn't have these switches to begin with......also do any of you use the lanyard and the emergency cutoff switch on the 2nd station......again I have never used it in 7 years...

I have the start/stop buttons on my rear station, and I use them all the time.
When docking, once I get the spring line on, I use the stop button to kill the motor rather than let it run.

When drift fishing in close proximity to the rockpiles or the BB pilings, I'll kill the motor when drifting, then punch the start button to re-position
That way I never have to leave the cockpit.

I'll do the same when drifting Hacketts with the fleet.
If I find I'm getting close to another boat, punching the start button allows me to motor to a new drift point without leaving the rear helm.

As for the kill lanyard, no, I don't use the rear one because I have an AutoTether wireless control attached to the helm switch.

Attachments

• AutoTether.jpg
    AutoTether.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 186
big tuna":2dlduk4p said:
sparky":2dlduk4p said:
Please check. I need one red & one black for my 2nd station.

Dave
Blast from the past, I've got a spare set in my desk drawer. Drop me a PM, and I'll give you the info.

Latest posts

Back