T-Top Advice

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OPScott

Reaction score
What is a better T_top size for the 2100 SE? 3x5 or 4x6? I am thinking the 3x5 is too small, won't give enough shade.

Also, anybody got one of those T-top enclosures? How well do they work?

Thanks-

I had a T-top made for the 21SE I had a few years ago and did not like it. I wantd it large for the shade but I found it was a major PIA when inshore casting. It was always in the way for that. On my present boat I elected to only have a bimini top. I get better shade than a T-top and I can lay it down in a few seconds so it's out of the way for casting.
Dave

I have a T-top on my 21se and love the protection it offers from the sun and bad weather. I don't fly fish, but I do fish a lot and have never felt like it gets in the way casting or maneuvering around the deck. I would need to measure, but I bet it is closer to a 4x6 size. I also have curtains which are a great addition :D They keep you warm when you need it and block any spray. Especially useful if things get snotty and you want to put the tabs down a bit to cut through the chop...... any spray hits the curtains instead of you!

You can see both in this picture.

Attachments

• Parker21se1.jpg
    Parker21se1.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 227
I can not measure my T Top at this time due to being in GTMO for business. I would say 4' X 6'. I wish I had my boat, the rentals leave something to be desired. I have never had a problem casting or the top getting in the way. I totally agree with the previous posters comments on curtains. The other benefits I see are a great mounting spot on the top rail for my planer board reels. I have the electronics box mounted underneath the top and have a FM/Sirius radio and VHF mounted up and out of the way. Rod holders (6) welded to the rear top bar for more storage. Install a "T Bag" and free up the space you currently are using for storing life vests. Another thing I did was mount a couple quick release clips on either side and have a boat hook and gaff mounted underneath the top up and out of the way. The basic boat design is pretty limited for storage and the addition of the top really added to the fishability and comfort.

Rick

Back