T-Top bag for life jackets??

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tags11

Reaction score
I know a lot of people use the T-Bag t-top to hold their life jackets. I just got one and when it is full it comes down too far. I'm not that tall and even I have to duck down to see! I have a Parker 23 CC in case dimensions on different boats vary. Has anyone ever seen other t-top bags for life jackets that work well on parker CC's??

My t-top bag didn't work on my 23SE either. So I rigged one of those mesh bed thingys that come with pickup trucks and incorporated it into my aluminum frame on the t-top. It took a little playing around and adjusting but for 6 or 7 years now it has held my life jackets safely out of the way. And because it is a wide mesh material, there is no mildew issues. I'm sorry but I don't have any pictures right now.

Don't care for those things. Zippers just suck on boats anyways and putting a lifesaving device behind one is just more risk than is necessary.

My boat came with a simple mesh panel such as described above. Vests just stuff in between the panel and t-top fabric and can be accessed from several sides as they are all open.

Doesn't hang down and zero maintenance.

I had the same problem with my T-Bag. My zipper tore out on it and the company sent me a new one which is still in the box. I considered putting a bottom and side panels inside the bag to keep it flat and off my head.

Can you show the example of the "truck" style ones?

The t-bag did not work for me either

I bought a CE Smith bag for my 23SE. So far it's worked well and it barely sags at all, but I've only been out with it on once so far. The access to the jackets is velcro, you just grab the handle and pull. No rusty zippers to worry about. It comes in sizes for 4 or 6 jackets.

Here's the best pic I have. I might be able to take some more this weekend if it helps. And for what it's worth my T-top is not factory, so it may not fit the same on yours, but I don't see why not.

Gary

Attachments

• bag.jpg
    bag.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 325
pmeggers":sh7r51on said:
How tall are you?

Not sure if you meant me or the OP, but I'm 6' 3" and the bag does not block my view.

But again, it's not a factory top and I don't know how the height compares to the Parker top.

Gary

Snapped a few pics this morning.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    276.7 KB · Views: 194
  • photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    248.4 KB · Views: 195
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 194
  • photo4.JPG
    photo4.JPG
    233.5 KB · Views: 194
Sorry for the upside down!

Hard to tell maybe but very easy to pull from the sides without screwing with the frozen zipper.

I snuck in under my tarp and snapped a few pictures for you. I slide my pfd's inside the opening of the mesh bag (for lack of a better word) and use the yellow bungee cords to hold them snug up against the t-top and out of my way. I'm 6'0 and have no problems. I forgot where I got the mesh thingy though. Don't know if if came with one of my trucks, if I bought it, if I found it, or if someone gave it to me.

Attachments

• Parker 2022.jpg
    Parker 2022.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Parker 2023.jpg
    Parker 2023.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 174
Uncle Matt - That is exactly what I need because I have the hard-top too. No idea where to find.... Any ideas anyone?

Google "Truck Cab Cargo Net". A bunch of stuff comes up.

http://www.chevypartsplus.com/product_i ... c9c9774f2f

17803347.jpg

Back