Tackle Accessory Question

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hyjack

Reaction score
Greetings, I'm new to Chesapeake Bay sport fishing and have a tackle-related question. I'm set up and plan on running a six pole trolling spread during spring striper season. What are some of your thoughts or suggestions about using leashes/tethers on the poles so one or more don't go overboard? If you recommend using them, any brand names or homemade solutions you recommend? Any techniques or safety issues I should consider?

Thanks in advance for any advice. I want to minimize the risk of equipment loss and be safe.

Cheap way is dog leashes, you could also make them up yourself with 3/8" line and brass or SS clips. (that is what I did)

Bryan,

That is cool, dog leashes? Makes you want to go duh? Available at any closeout store.

Thanks for the tip.

I use military 550 cord. This is the handiest cord on the face of the earth. I bought a large spool several years ago and use it for many things. I also connect it with a small aluminum carabiner.

Steve

Thanks for the responses - good ideas.

That's what I like about this site, people with the same interest taking care of each other. I'm sure I'll be back with more questions later.

I bought a ton of those small aluminum carabiners they sell at Home Depot and made my own tethers with parachute cord.
I use those 'biners all over my boat. :)

Back