taco outrigger kit

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
zebpwgc":djmedeej said:
anyone have any experience with these?

No experience with them, but you might want to rethink those 1 1/8" riggers. Those small diameter poles can get pretty 'whippy' if you try to drag too large a bait from them.

For what I pull, I'd rather not get anything less than 1 1/2" diameter, and I'd prefer 2" if I could afford them.

agree on that. you want your riggers to be the best you can handle. I prefer Lee's outriggers and have a set of gunnel mounted ones 1 and 1/2 inch. pricy, but very good quality.

bo

I would highly recommend you check out the Pompanette one-piece fiberglass (e-glass) outriggers mfg. by Pompanette here in Newport Beach, CA.
12 footers run $890 incl bases and fully rigged with Aftco release clips- also the best relase clip IMO. If you want super stiff check out their 13' "Hawaiian" model. Despite fear of offending the back East crowd, I have to say that aluminum sectional outriggers have nothing to recommend them- unless you like dealing with the inevitable problem of corrosion. They are also prone to damage if you misjudge the tide and go under a low bridge with them in full upright/stowed position. My Pompanettes are about 12 years old and still look great on their 4th boat. West Coast style all the way, for sure. Dare to be different...

Those would be fine single rigged pulling a light bait. I used to have a set of 1-1/8" on my old CC and they did almost everything I needed. If you're pulling umbrella or you want to double rig them. go with the 1-1/2".

No fear of offending the eastern folk here. :)

In my particular area, I wouldn't use anything less than 1.5" diameter solid aluminum poles.
No telescoping aluminum, and definately no fiberglass. Much too much flex for our conditions... :shock:

When my money tree blooms, I want a set of 2" Lee Jr wishbone bases with 19' polished poles, double rigged. 8)

Until then, I'll continue using my FlatLine Booms... :)

Image-CD89370E472511D9.jpg

Image-CD8969CE472511D9.jpg

Ahh, regional differences... I had the 22' Schaeffer single spreader outriggers back in the day. All show- no go. Maint. hassle and one actually snapped clean off, I guess due to work hardening.
I knew I'd get guys pontificating about 'glass riggers (that have no experience with them..)

bajadude":1ryrgohy said:
How bad can your conditions be if you are still in sight of land?!?

Up to 4' to 6', steep, short period, coming from all directions and breaking all over you. But that's when we're all at the dock emptying the cooler cause we know better than to go out. :)

Wow... :shock:

Those things are a steal at that price, even if you have to buy the 2' extentions at retail!

I need to cruise Ebay more often. :)

yeah. i bought one set and then looked for the 2' extentions. they were about $50 from flatlineboom. so i picked up another complete set for $45. That gives me 4 extension rods and some extra parts.

ill let you know how they work......in a few months :(

zebpwgc":2vo88ied said:
ill let you know how they work......in a few months :(

Nice job! :)

As for how they work?
Rig them up with good release clips and...

Image-8D4F5430B45211D9.jpg

Back