TEC VS YAMA

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Silly post, however during the test the Yamaha did start on the first try (more reliable), was quieter and burned less fuel.

In the end, it has been shown that a proven history of RELIABILITY sells outboards, not performance.

jim

So happy since I jetted the F200 for the 250 E Tec. Gobs of torque and 90lb.s off the transom...Parkers were never designed with the weight of a 4S in mind.
I don't expect to see my dealer for another couple of years. Don't try that w/ a Yam. Priced a VALVE ADJUSTMENT lately?
BTW I am getting better than 2 NMPG at cruise (23kts) w/the E Tec... :wink:

Attachments

• e tec mex (Small).jpg
    e tec mex (Small).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,694
  • puerto escondido Parker (Small).jpg
    puerto escondido Parker (Small).jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 1,694
I have a 2005 250hp Yamaha 4 stroke on my parker.
I spent a LOT of time on other boats.
1 has twin 225 yamaha 4 strokes
1 has twin 250 hp etecs
1 has a single 225 hp etec
My opinion,, the etec is a better motor !
I would love to see the difference of my boat with a 250 etec!

Hey baja dude, is this Jim? If so, if met u at don eddies in San Quintin a month ago. I'm also have the 23 parker with the 250 etec.

nic":3gu3swqt said:
Hey baja dude, is this Jim? If so, if met u at don eddies in San Quintin a month ago. I'm also have the 23 parker with the 250 etec.

So, How does the 23 go with the etec ???

I'm not totally sure yet. I have a heavy 1993 parker 2310. 165 gal fuel tank and a 65 gal offshore bait tank. The motor is on a bracket which gives me alot of deck space. When i'm loaded down and its flat, i'm at 5400rpm doing 30 knots, maybe 31. It seems like she likes to cruise at 24knots because of all my weight in the back. Its very quiet at trolling/idle. I have to look at my tach to see if the motor is on or not.
I just installed my flow scan last week. I have only had the boat a couple of months and dont know the ins and outs of the motor yet. I'm leaving out of San Diego on a two day trip for the pelagics, approx. 200miles round trip so i will report back.

I just put a 250 E-tec on my '90 2310 last week. so far with 75 gal. in the tank top speed was 36 mph on the gps. @ 5800 rpm. I had a '90 225 yamaha. E-tec is a lot quieter and my fuel gauge has hardly moved going the same places as before.

If you watch closely when they first take off, you'll notice the Yamaha is not creating any water disturbance. Its almost as if hes not even giving any throttle.

96TL":h3e8s4xm said:
If you watch closely when they first take off, you'll notice the Yamaha is not creating any water disturbance. Its almost as if hes not even giving any throttle.
See? More proof of zero low end torque from Yam 4-Ss ... before she could spool up she was upside-down. ;)

FWIW it most likely is NOT BS at all. For the record, the famous Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute once replaced OMC 115hp OBs with new Honda 130hp 4-strokes on their Avon RIB inflatable fleet. With the SAME load of crew and research gear, the 4S motors could not get the RIBs up onto plane.

Alas, I'm leaning towards the Suzi 300hp for my next boat, but if I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt which motor would give me the best reliabiilty and years of service ... then THAT would be the motor I would buy, regardless of make, color, or country of origin.

hmmm...last week it was the faulty Yamaha VST's

week before, whining about overrated HP ratings,

week before that, Yamaha stole Johnson design,

now, Yamaha missing low end torque...............

Give it up, come on over and join YamahaNation (over half the world has) You'll enjoy the peace and quiet, even if it does take another 1/4 sec. to plane off. :wink:

FishFactory":2364e86z said:
Give it up, come on over and join YamahaNation (over half the world has) You'll enjoy the peace and quiet, even if it does take another 1/4 sec. to plane off. :wink:
Haha - you are QUITE right! I want all of us here on CP to 'git along' regardless of the color motor, so ... I hereby resolve to heed your comments and discontinue such 'Chevy - Ford' debates.

DaleH":1cq9yplj said:
FishFactory":1cq9yplj said:
Haha - you are QUITE right! I want all of us here on CP to 'git along' regardless of the color motor, so ... I hereby resolve to heed your comments and discontinue such 'Chevy - Ford' debates.

What debate? Chevrolet is THE god of internal combustion (Yamaha close second) :D

Back