tell tale no water at all

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brent":1xnhxw70 said:
Ok no problem ..post some pics I would to see the setup
brett its just two saw horses with 2x4s and the lower end just sits between the 2x4s lets you work easy

Wish I had an answer for you. At least the pump and thermostats didn't hurt to bad. I change mine every other season as PM. Hopefully one of the other members can assist.

run it in the water
muffs sometimes do not work
Did you replace the impeller or full water pump?.

Sometimes water pump installation can be tricky

Sim Yamaha has an online guide for F225 water pump. simyamaha.com

Do you have a real Yamaha shop manual?

What did the old pump pulled look like?

I just went through the same thing on my F150. Changed the impeller, put it on muffs - no pee. Took it apart and reassembled X 2, still no pee. Dunk it in a water trough, no pee for about 15 seconds, then started peeing and hasn't stopped. My suggestion is to find something you can dunk the lower end in and see if that works. Hopefully you lubed the impeller with silicon or grease so it can run a little bit without burning up.

Did you replace the poppit valve or pressure relief valve?

It can clog or fail, and easy to remove the check or better, just replace with new , and it is pricey too LOL

It keeps water in the OB (valve closed) until the water pump kicks in a higher rmp then opens up

It is often overlooked and some may not understand its function and importance in cooling an outboard

Water pump installation can be tricky
Simyamaha.com has a online tutorial for F225 which is helpful
Check their site

Did you replace the impellor or entire pump?

Do you have a real Yamaha shop manual?

What did the old pump look like?

best

Brett yes to all of the above impeller looked brand new I feel there is a blockage some where I have a question if I blow into the telltale shouldn't it be free or open
?

I have an 06 Yamaha 250 4S and it will not pee on the muffs. I bought one of the green landscapers barrels at Home Depot and it works fine.

i was going to just put the boat in at the ramp tonight and see it that would work and then got a flat tire on the trailer so nothing got done tonight but my boys showed with beers . somebody also mentioned the poppet valve so i guess after i get a new tire tomm. ill drop the boat in at the ramp run it and see what happens if that doesnt work ill try the poppet valve next i read alittle bit about it and everyone says its a tough job thanks again brett

Brent":3jj0g8ls said:
or motor water passages have a lot of build up and then need several salt away treatments

When thermostats were removed, inspect the condition of them and passages you can see
the thermostast where abit covered with salt

ok first off id like to thank everyone for all the suggestions and advise so after i replaced the tire and was able to drop the boat in the water i ran the boat and waited for the tell tale and after a minute she started pissing so the bottom line is the muffs are not good for the 250 in my opinion so i went to put it in reverse and i didnt go any where i missed lining up the gear no big deal dropped the lower end real fast done deal

Sorry to hijack, but for those who can't get their Yamaha's to pee while using muffs, remove the plastic screen filters on the bottom of the outboard where the water is drawn into the muffs. That will eliminate the problem and you should be able to get a flow of water out of the tell tale hole while running on muffs. Mine will not pee with the screens in place but will with them removed. Just run the hose a bit and make sure the muffs are clean and you shouldn't have a problem with anything big going into the outboard cooling system. The screens aren't exactly super fine filters to begin with. Obviously be sure to re-install the screens prior to launching the boat. I do this when I winterize and start up every year and have had no issues. There is just one screw and nut to remove the screens. Be sure to put some marine grease on the hardware prior to re-installing it. Good luck everyone.

Sometimes the tube gets clogged with small debris. I h ave had that happen a few times over my boating life; especially running in the salt water environment. Did you pull off the tube and check it to make sure it was not clogged? Somethimes it is the simplest things. Just a suggestion.

Back