TEST RUN

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VinnyC68

Reaction score
So I took my 06 2120 out for the first time a week ago. I was inpressed with a lot on the boat compared to my 21 foot center console. It handled very well and fished well. It also provided the much needed shelter for daughter. I was not impressed with the motor. It has a yamaha 200 and at 4000 RPM I was only getting 17 MPH. 20 on the down hill. It has a big four blade prop. I have noticed on all the 2120 on craigslist they all have a 3 blade prop. Besides a tune up is the prop my major issue. Needs some input on this subject please, Thanks guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzE1Vh9PBoU

Nice vid. Looked like a good day fishing. Now to the performance issues. Where to start...? I suspect that you have a 4 blade for lifting the stern. Many have gone that route. Your engine should be able to turn 6K at WOT with the motor properly trimed out etc. This is important so if you start changing props out keep that in mind. Your engine probably came with a black steel Yamaha 17P 3 blade prop. That is what mine has. See attached pic from a previous post for performance comparison. Mine will top out about 44 mph.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 221
It has a 4 blade prop currently and Im not sure what it came with originally. I don't even think I made it passed 4200 RPM plus I noticed the temp rising to the second to last notch on the digital yamaha gauge. I did play with the trim tabs a bit.

Have the engine gone through. If you haven't already or you have already had a tech check the motor out, do the following if you want to be sure everything is good to go. Change the plugs, VST cleaned, change all filters, clean the injectors, change the water pump and pipit valves. Basically the works. Then run it and see where your RPM's are at WOT and you can work on your prop situation. Good luck!

I will be taking it this week to get checked out. Before I bout the boat the owner was leasing it and the guy who had it last left the boat in a slip with the motor drive down. I was able to power wash it the hull and outdrive but this is what the prop looks like.

Attachments

• 13105901_10207371604622559_1464849550_o.jpg
    13105901_10207371604622559_1464849550_o.jpg
    269.2 KB · Views: 203
Back