Texture of dash board gelcoat

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimC2520

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I have about 8 screw holes I need to fill from my electronics upgrade. See photo. They aren't very big.
I have Parker gel coat. I know they will never look "new", but I'd like them to look "acceptable" for a novice.

I have successfully filled transducer screw holes in the transom before and was satisfied with the result, however, those were wet sanded until glossy.
This has to be different. Any ideas on how to tackle this problem??

Need to chamfer the hole, fill, spray w/ mold release wax and put something over it, like a sandpaper or such with a "negative" feature (where your dash has 'positive' bumps/blobs), and cure.

You could make a mold somehow, using an area close to where you're repairing. Maybe spray area with Pam cooking spray with olive oil, get 2-part epoxy putty, cut and kneed a 1" piece into a blob, then put onto a FLAT area. Knock off carefully when dry.

Set this over the gelcoat, cover area with proper wax or clear plastic to cure, as gelcoat needs an anaerobic atmosphere (not exposed to air) to cure.

Back