Thankful for all these great 2015 (and earlier) posts

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadGar

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Southern Maryland, Chesapeake/Potomac River
I just wanted to thank Classic Parker and all its members for helping to make this a great 2015. I am so thankful for a wonderful wife and kids, a job that pays the bills, and pretty decent health. However, this past year I am also very thankful to have found the Classic Parker website and have probably been on it at least once every day since (it’s become addicting).

During the Holidays last Christmas I determined I was selling my larger walk around (Triton 2690), paying off some bills, but keeping enough to find my next fishing machine that would keep me warm. So… all of that happen due to me finding and reading this site.

I’d like to thank ‘Ragin Cajin’ for putting his 1997 2320 on the market on Classic Parker and making my purchase from him easy and successful, great guy to buy from by the way

I’d liked to thank ‘Photoguy’ for sharing his experience on changing the thru hull drain from plastic over to stainless on the 2320 in deck storage compartment (although that compartment is a waste)

I’d like to thank ‘Miky2884’ for hooking me up with a nice set of Yamaha control cables to fix my kicker problems

I’d like to thank ‘HOTPUSRUIT’ for pointing out a great location and easy mounting idea for the “Heater Buddy”. That is why I bought a Pilothouse in the first place.

I’d Like to thank ‘DaleH’ for his great tutorials (all of them), specifically the non-skid post and thru hull posts, they helped me tremendously

I’d Like to thank ‘Megabyte’ for being the first to welcome me to the board as well as his tutorials on proper opening & closing of the boat and bilge maintenance, also teak restore and maintenance for the trim work. By the way, definitely not there yet but my goal is to have a bilge area close to yours :lol: .

I’d like to thank ‘Warthog’ for making me feel that it’s OK to cut on a perfectly good boat :shock: . Although I have nowhere near his skills, I did replace a perfectly good hatch to make it bigger 8) and add storage which required cutting on a perfectly good floor (you should have seen my wife’s face :twisted: ).

For all the individuals that built seating inside the cabin, these projects and your talents are my inspiration for a winter project I plan on finishing. I have it framed out and ready to finish up with Teak drawers and hatches. Hopefully by March.

Miky2884, your “Deck Tub Removal 2320” project is high on my list and WILL be happening in 2016 (when my wife is away for the day) :wink:

I’d also like to thank Parker. What company (of any kind) would take a call from an individual that bought a product you sold 18 years earlier and spend time talking and helping that individual out. They not only sent me the stringer layout, they called me on the phone and explained the layout for more than 20 minutes to make sure I didn’t have any questions about it. (By the way, I was adding a hatch down in the cuddy area floor just so I could clean out the clogged drain). They took the time to explain exactly where I should and should not cut and knew exactly what I was trying to do. AMAZING company (Wish they made cars)

It’s pretty amazing when you have never personally met anyone on this board but in many cases you feel like you know the individuals. Great site, great boats, great people… now I need to catch some great big fish!

I wish you all a MERRY CHRISTMAS, Happy New Year, and hope your 2016 is as wonderful as I expect mine to be. I hope to post some of my upgrades in the spring!

Back