The "Ohhhh $HIT Bilge Pump"

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_Madison CT

Reaction score
Sometimes you gotta love Ebay. I picked up this Rule 3700 Computerized Bilge pump for $97 shipped to me. That's about 65% off the cheapest price I can find anywhere else.

I plan on mounting this on the shelf in my bilge, which is about 3"-4" above my regular bilge pump. It's there as a "Oh $HIT" pump. Things would have to be pretty bad for it to be needed, but if water gets to this level, I'll be glad I have 3700 gallons per hour of capacity.

It uses a 1.5" hose. I'm now looking for a good deal on smooth bore bilge hose and a nice bulkhead fitting.

I'll add photos as the project progresses.

CIMG0443.jpg

I'd advise to plumb the outlet thru the other side of the boat, from where your primary/main pump(s) exit ... if you could. Any chance for a manual over-ride to that auto feature?

Nice buy! I used smooth white comm AC reinforced hose on my 2200gph crash pump.

Dale: Interesting idea about the other side and yes, this can be manually overridden. I'm going to install a 3 way Rule switch.

What is the advantage to a "computerized" bilge pump?

Just curious....

TunaJoe":35nunm3u said:

Just curious....
No separate float switch ;) to clog or get gummed up with oil or debris.

DaleH":1c1js61x said:
TunaJoe":1c1js61x said:

Just curious....
No separate float switch ;) to clog or get gummed up with oil or debris.

However, when the internal float craps out, you gotta buy a whole new pump...
Tearinghairoutfrustrated.gif

I'll stick with a Rule-a Matic float...

There are definite pro's and cons with these computerized pumps.

I got this one because it was a steal of a price. I would have gone the regular float switch route if I hadn't found this one.

There is no internal float, the pump spins and senses water so it stays on.
If no water it shuts off.

Bryan is right. I don't plan on keeping this pump on, even in the Auto mode, while at the dock.

It will only be "ON" if I have a problem at sea. I'm picking up a Rule 3 way switch this week. It has 3 modes: "Auto" (which is the Computerized mode), "ON" (which is manual) and "Off"(which is no power to the pump.

Share some ideas from my great piece of mind project. Fun to install something I hope never gets used.

Attachments

• DSC00271.JPG
    DSC00271.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 726
  • DSC00270.JPG
    DSC00270.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 726
I keep my boat behind the house in a canal. I have the OS pump wired in tandem with a red strobe light on the dash. If it;s running, I know my primary pump died or I've got a major problem. Saved me once from a cracked A/C nose on an old Trojan Flybridge I had.

Back