thru hull transducer choice?

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kynan1

Reaction score
I have replaced my old garmin with a lowrance hds10. I have a 97 2320 DV. I am pulling out a dead thru hull on the flat part of the hull. I am confused on those tilted element b60's and looking for advice!

Here is my Airmar 'tilted element' transducer which plugs into a Furuno FCV600L.
Sourced from BOE Marine.

web.jpg

HOTPURSUIT":zz03wkf9 said:
What is that in the lower right corner of the bilge, is that a speck of dirt I see :lol:
Now that someone is retired and has to work the "Honey Do" list ... me thinks they're getting lazy!

Oh well, at least he's not working the Bucket List!

Attachments

• Dirt.jpg
    Dirt.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 254
ROTHFLMAO
You guys are tough !
I'm jealous too :p

Thanks. I am looking forspecifics on the 12 degree or 20 degree....how do choose? Also in the pic whatsortof switches arson thosebilge pumps?

kynan1":11rdzb4n said:
Thanks. I am looking forspecifics on the 12 degree or 20 degree....how do choose? Also in the pic whatsortof switches arson thosebilge pumps?

If you own a modified vee boat, get the 12 degree. If you own a deep vee boat, get the 20 degree.

Bilge pump switches are Water Witch 101's. They are solid state electronic switches.
http://waterwitchinc.com/online_cart/in ... ducts_id=5

Thanks. I still don't get why the twenty degree vs the 12 when the transducer is on the flat bottom part of the hull. Not sure if the modified v has this same small area on the back bottom of the hull. I also need to replace my rule switch. Are these water witches a good choice?

kynan1":n119h216 said:
Are these water witches a good choice?

If there was something better out there... I'd have it.
Yes... they are worth your time and your money.

Really want to buy the transducer. Any more feedback on the 12 or 20 degree?

kynan1":sgb98kag said:

What hull do you have?
MV = 12 degree
DV = 20 degree

kynan1":2u46up33 said:
I have replaced my old garmin with a lowrance hds10. I have a 97 2320 DV. I am pulling out a dead thru hull on the flat part of the hull. I am confused on those tilted element b60's and looking for advice!

1st, how many watt output is that Lowrance sonar ?
A B60 tilted element is only 600W, Lowrance website says you can use a B250 which is 1K.
Best to call Airmar, explain your fishing needs and budget.
Semperfifishing on THT is a great guy for advice also.
Most commercial boats mount mid ship stb side, most rec boats mount aft or transom mount.

kynan1":1db9b619 said:

If you are going through the flat part on the bottom of the hull, do not buy a tilted element transducer!!

Bryan 2530 is correct I just put a thruhull on my 2320 had to do a cut out to the battery shelf but it was a easy install. I will also say it was worth time and effort no more transom mts ever for me

Just installed a aimar B60 tilted on my 2320, works great. I also had the Airmar In-Hull which worked great but removed it so I could have a temp reading out of the tranducer instead of needing a seperate temp guage that airmar makes that splices into tht In-hull wiring.

Back