Tilt Tube bushings???????

Classic Parker Boat Forum

Help Support Classic Parker Boat Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan 2530

Reaction score
I need someone with access to their yamaha to check the play on the tilt tube when the engine is trimmed all the way up.

My Stbd f200 shakes when the engine is trimmed up if I move it, the port does to but not as much.

Is this normal, I didn't notice it last year. Does Yamaha have a rubber bushing in there for vibration or do I need to look into replacing the tilt tube?? or bushings?

My OMC'c never did this, anyone check for me?

Seems there is a nylon bushing. number 22

0025.png

Have you been trailering the boat with motor up? this will cause damage to the bushings..
Yamaha also had a recall on some of these, you might want to check your serial number with a Yamaha dealer and see what's been done and what hasnt

Are you talking trimmed up or tilted up? A big difference.

Yes, when tilted all the way up there is a lot of play in the motor. This is one of the reasons not to drive around with it tilted up with just the tilt lock in place. The motor jumping around will hammer on the lock and might bend it.

Run your motor down so it is on the trim rods. Then check it again let us know what you see. I bet it is as tight as straight man's azzhole in a gay bar.

The motor is loose in the tilted position, and solid when tilted down.

The problem I see is my port motor is not as bad.

The boat doesn't get trailer much.

This cannot be normal????? Yes/no?

Latest posts

Back